I'm Bionic, Hear Me Roar

LYNN'S POV

Adam had blown me off again, even though you could consider Ara as good as gone.

I snooped in on them as him and Bree made their way back into the classroom. To my surprise, they were conducting a search party. Damn! They knew.

At least they didn't know it was me.

It then occurred to me that it was possible for Ara to use her abilities to make her way back here. After all, if there was one very important detail I remembered about her, it was that she had geoleaping. Crap! My plan was ruined.

Again, she's a life ruiner!

Wait. Or was my plan ruined? I smiled as I noticed that Chase may have turned off the security footage, but he didn't turn off the computer.

I rushed over to the desk and sat on the chair, moving fast. I waved my hand over the keyboard and all the computer's passwords and information was relayed into my head. Thank you new ability.

I accessed Ara's file and went to "Chip Info". There was all kinds of controls and buttons. I scrolled up and down the page, looking for the one I needed.

And then I found it. Way at the bottom, in big, bolded, red letters, was: "DEACTIVATE CHIP".

I didn't even hesitate. I clicked it right then and there, and then quickly logged off the computer so nobody would know I was on there.

You might as well consider Adam to be mine. Yeah, he may be dumb, but god was he hot! And how could a girl like me ignore that?

Now, all that was left to do—was wait.

***

ARA'S POV

I woke up, shivering and in a strange place. I felt a bit sick, as every few moments, I went up, and then down.

I became scared. And a bit claustrophobic. I was in a crate, for pete's sake! How did I even get here?

I tried to geoleap, but it wasn't working. Why wasn't it working?

I rolled my shoulders and tried to use cryokinesis. Nothing.

Whoever did this was wise enough to turn off my chip. I was like a regular human being.

Ugh! I leaned back, more irritated than anything. My stomach started to growl but I tried to ignore it.

Of course I knew that somebody was coming to get me. I wasn't worried, really. Actually, there was one thing I was worried about, and that was hunger.

I just hoped my rescuers would bring me some snacks.

CHASE'S POV

As I steered the helicopter, I heard my tablet beep with a notification. "Hey Arly, could you check that?" I asked her.

"Sure." She leaned forward and grabbed the tablet off the console. She clicked it on and checked the notification. "Uh oh."

"What is it?"

"Somebody turned off Ara's chip. We can't track her anymore!"

I smirked. "This person doesn't know that since Adam, Bree and I ran off and turned off our GPS signals, he installed an emergency activation. Go to the Davenport app and look for Ara's profile."

Arly followed my directions and asked for the next set.

"At the bottom of the profile, in big, green bolded letters should be—"

I heard an electronic garble.

"Chip activated!" Arly said excitedly. "And she's about thirty miles away to the west."

ARA'S POV

Sooooo boreddddd.

Until I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck. Jesus!

My stomach growled again. "Shut up," I mumbled. See, this is where boredom gets you. It makes you talk to your stomach.

On a stroke of determination, I squinted my eyes to try and geoleap again.

The next thing I knew, I felt the crate be taken out from underneath me and I suddenly fell to a cold floor. I opened one eye slowly to see that I was at the Bionic Academy.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed. "It worked!"

And then, Lynn walked in. At first, she didn't notice me, but when she did, she froze. "The hell are you doing here?"

"You did this to me!" I shouted.

"And what if I did?"

"I'm going to whoop your ass!" I screamed, creating ice shards and pelting them at her. She activated a force field to deflect them.

I began to try and use my mind control, but boy, she fought back strong! Lynn formed a bionic bo-staff in her hand.

"God, how many abilities do you have?" I asked.

"Enough to beat your puny three!" she shot back. She threw the bo-staff at me and I lifted my arms in protection. An ice shield formed in front of me and froze the staff inside.

(A/N: Lol Frozen reference)

Lynn made a force field and made it like an electric grenade. She pushed it at me and I flew into the wall.

In the middle of all this, I heard voices. "It's okay, guys, she'll turn up soon," Chase said.

I saw my friends and my sisters all take two steps into the room before stopping and staring at me and Lynn. Lynn paid no attention and made yet another bo-staff. "Give it your best shot," she hissed.

"Ooh! Chick fight!" Adam hollered.

I shot ice at her feet and froze her to the floor. Luckily, she only had the heat feature in her hands. She tried to move but the ice was too thick.

"Took it," I said nonchalantly. "Wanna tell me why you tried setting me out to sea in a crate?"

"I was jealous," she mumbled.

I pretended I couldn't hear her and put a hand to my ear. Leaning forward, I teased, "I'm sorry, what?"

"I was jealous!" she screamed, trying to take a swing at me.

"Wait, you did this?" Chase asked.

I put my hand on my hip. "If you're so smart, how come it took you so long to catch on, Sherlock?"

Chase went over to his computer for a few seconds. During these few seconds, Lynn's bo-staff disappeared. "Hey!" she shouted, struggling against my ice even more.

"As of now, your chip has been deactivated and you are under arrest by order of Davenport Industries," Chase said officially. "Who helped you?"

Lynn clenched her teeth. "Cady."

As Chase went off to go find Cady to arrest her, Adam stepped up to talk to Lynn. "You know, it's a shame, how you turned out. I was actually starting to like you."

What?!

Lynn sent me a smirk of victory. "Well, I am a very sensible—"

"SIKE!" Adam yelled, and burst out laughing. I joined him, and soon, everyone was laughing like crazy. Adam walked over and stood next to me, putting his arm around me. "Nice scheme and all, but she's my one and only."

I stuck my tongue out at her and she huffed.

Oh, what a great day this was.

You know, besides waking up in a crate.