Adam

ARA'S POV
After I got off the phone with Arly, I made my way to the infirmary with blurry vision. I couldn't think straight. Everything had been going well, but then suddenly it wasn't?

When I arrived, there were nurses and doctors that Davenport had called in. Trying to avoid being run into, I stumbled around like a disoriented giraffe.

"Ara," I heard Allison sigh, and she emerged from a blur. She embraced me in a hug. "Are you okay?"

I pushed away, choking on tears. "I need to see Adam," I said frantically.

Before she could respond, I ran toward the room. Before I went in, Davenport came from no where and caught me. "No," he grunted, holding me back. He shoved me down into a chair. "You can't see him."

I was too tear-choken to speak. Everything was crashing.

Davenport stepped into the room, leaving me to my own scattered thoughts.

Arly and Allison came running in right then. "What's wrong, what's going on?" Arly pummeled me with questions. Allison put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a soft look. "Sorry, sorry," she apologized.

We sat in silence for a while before everything kinda went eerily quiet as the rest of the doctors filed into Adam's room.

I waited there, chewing on my nails.

And then Mr. Davenport came out, looking at me and breathing hard.

"Well?" My voice was barely a whisper.

He gave me a small smile.

"Adam is okay."