She's Back

ARA'S POV

"I was waiting for you," Adam smiled. "What happened to your wrists?"

I looked back toward my sisters, who were waiting outside the window and watching. I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed. "Adam, I did something. You have to promise not to get mad."

"Yeah, what is it?" Adam asked, furrowing his brow and sitting up in his bed. I looked at the linoleum floor, ashamed.

"I cut them, Adam."

"You what?" he squeaked. "Why?"

"Lynn and her friends beat me up."

I started to cry at the realization of how weak and fragile I sounded. Adam took my hand and pulled me towards him.

"It's okay," he whispered, beckoning me to lay on him. I wrapped my arms around his chest and laid my head on his collarbone and listened to his heartbeat. He stroked my hair. "You know what's weird?" he questioned.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"I used to be pretty stupid. Love can really change a guy."

***

ARLY'S POV

I seriously couldn't get over Ara's adorable relationship. What could I say? It was adorable!!

Halfway through watching their visiting, my watch beeped and I realized that I'd be late for my study session with Chase. I felt horrible for leaving the infirmary, but I seriously needed to get my smarts levels up to pass over to the next ranking color. And plus, Ara looked like she was in good hands.

"Sorry Alli," I told her. "You okay on your own?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I've got this."

I hugged her and took one last look at Ara and Adam. Then, I turned and left.

***

"You're late."

I heaved my books onto the table we were using and brushed my hair back. "I know. I was in the infirmary."

Chase raised an eyebrow. "But Ara was released yesterday."

"Yeah, but Adam wasn't."

Chase suddenly stopped. "Why did you go see Adam?"

"I didn't," I told him, dragging out the "I". "But Ara did, and Allison and I were there with her."

"Ara visited Adam?"

"What's wrong?" I asked, noticing the scowl on my face.

"Are they in bed together?"

"Snuggling."

"I'll be right back."

Chase ran off toward the infirmary and it was then that I realized that Ara was most likely about to get in trouble, and so was Adam. I used my superspeed to get there before him and warn them.

"Adam?" I whispered. "Is she asleep?"

"Yeah, why?" he whispered back, his hand cradling her head.

"Chase is on his way here now, you have to get her out of bed!" I rushed to their side and began to lift Ara off of him. She woke up and began to mumble something in a daze.

"Wha's goin' on?"

"Let's just say that Chase is going to kill you and your boyfriend if you don't get up," I explained quickly.

Allison tapped on the window with her eyes big. Uh oh. Chase was here.

I dropped Ara and she hopped up from the floor as soon as Chase burst in.