9: The Balam Alliance

When we enter the guild hall for our next job I see that most of the mages are gathered around Mirajane who is standing with a chart. "What's that?" I ask.

"It's a chart listing all the dark guilds." She tells me with a sweet smile.

"I had no idea there were so many of them." Says Renji a bit fearfully.

"Unfortunately, they've been noticeably more active as of late. That means we need strengthen relationships with our fellow guilds." Mira explains.

"What's the big circle in the middle supposed to be?" Gray asks.

"I know exactly what it is." Juvia announces pretentiously, "It's the Balam Alliance of dark guilds. The three major players of that alliance are Oración Seis, Tartaros, and Grimoire Heart."

"Hm, I've heard of the Oración Seis before." Says Grimmjow slowly.

"Oh yeah that's right," I say, "Astenu and Heru told us about them. There's only seven members in the entire guild."

"Woah, that's crazy," Exclaims Lucy, "And they're one of the three most powerful dark guilds out there?"

"Sure are." Replies Mirajane.

"Speaking of the Oración Seis, word has come down that we must destroy them." Master suddenly appears in the large entryway of the guild hall.

"What?!" Everyone exclaims in horror.

"Welcome back Master!" Mira exclaims and everyone deadpans, " I hope you had a good time at the conference!"

"Master what do you mean by that?" Asks Erza worriedly.

"Oración Seis' recent activities was the focus of much discussion at the conference. They pose an urgent threat that can no longer be ignored, therefore they must be dealt with immediately. We will take them out before they can hurt any of our fellow guilds that we have sworn to protect." Makarove announces in a serious tone.

"We gotta do all the heavy lifting right? Typical." Gray sighs.

"Fairy Tail will be taking them on ourselves?" Juvia asks innocently.

Makarove shakes his head and begins down the steps. "This enemy is far too powerful than any other we have faced before. To fight them alone would be to dangerous, our attack would most definitely ensure the wrath of the entire Balam Alliance in no time. Which is why Fairy Tail will join a coalition of magical guilds!"

Grimmjow raises an eyebrow. "A coalition?"

"Fairy Tail, Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale, and Cait Shelter. These four guilds will select members to represent them in the allied forces, together we will work to bring down the enemy!" Exclaims Makarove.

"But we can handle it ourselves Gramps!" Natsu exclaims cockily. "In fact, I could probably even do it alone!"

Erza whacks him on the side of the head, "Don't be a fool. The master is wise to consider the long term consequences."

"Woah, hold on a second," Lucy says shaking, "We're only talking About seven guys here right? I mean, are they seriously all that scary." Her voice trembles slightly.