Chapter 2

The next morning, I woke up, with my back in pain. And it didn't help that my new husband had his arm wrapped tightly around my back. It was like his unconsciousness didn't believe last night happened. I figured that he would wake up and not remember what happened. Which is fine by me, we could get an annulment. I slowly pulled myself out of his embrace, when I did he moved to the other side of the bed. I took this time to take some painkillers for my back and take a nice warm shower. As I stepped in the shower, the hot water welcomed me. My wounds were aching in pain but slowly stopped as the painkillers took effect. When I got out of the shower, I put on my robe and went to get some clothes out of my suitcase. I found my fitted black boot cut jeans and a bright yellow tank top.

After I got dressed, I saw my husband still asleep, so I took this time to snoop and find out more about my husband. His name is Mathis Braden, looking at his biker cut, I saw that he is the Sergeant at Arms. This means he basically looks after the firearms and other weapons, also he enforces club procedures and maintains order, when I look back over at Mathis he was still asleep. So I walked out on the balcony to make a quick phone call to Alanzo, and let him know what happened.

"Belle what the bloody hell happened? The driver called and said you had been taken by Luca. Then Evan called saying you had to be stitched up. You of all people Belle, I taught you, Marco, and Gabe to be careful!" Alanzo yelled, his accent coming out.

Boy is he pissed. "I know you want answers, and I promise you I will give them to you, when I see you. It's gotten complicated right now. I just wanted to call and let you know I'm fine. Give mom my love, see you guys soon." I told him.

I hung up on him before he could say anything. I felt something heavy on my left ring finger. It was my wedding ring, how could I miss that when I woke up? It was a fourteen karat gold band, three rows of diamonds surrounding the rows, the rows were in three diagonal lines. Being too focused, that I hadn't heard his voice. When I heard his voice, I nearly melted. It was like honey and sex combined. "Nice place you have here wifey." he said.

"Thank you. So what are we going to do about this marriage? We can get it annulled seeing as how we both didn't know what we were doing." I told him.

And his answer was a simple 'no.' I was shocked, I thought bikers stayed away from any form of marriage. I knew they took an old lady, but I didn't think they did marriage. Soon my shocked turned to fuming anger. "And why the hell not?" I yelled.

He had the audacity to smirk at me, when he gave his answer. "It's pretty simple baby girl, we have an attraction and chemistry between us. And I ain't going to fucking lose that or you. So all I have left to say about this conversation before it's over, is get use to being a biker's old lady." Mathis said before he walked off, probably to find his clothes or go take a shower.

Before he headed into the shower, he took his cellphone and called someone, while heading towards the bathroom. This gave me time to check him out, Mathis was maybe about six foot six, had different tattoos on his back, he also had scars, looks like the same type of scars my brothers has. He has a whole lot of muscles , so I could definitely see why he's the Sergeant at Arms. He has reddish-brown hair, green eyes, olive skin, and a strong bone features. Looks like he works in a mechanic shop, from the grease and oil stains on his clothes.

So now I'm stuck with an attractive, but arrogant biker husband. Why me? I don't mind bikers, but it's my mom I'm worried about. She hasn't been the same since my dad left, she hasn't been the same around bikers. I just don't know how she would take it. Mathis is the Sergeant at Arms for The Devils MC. Why does that name sound so familiar to me? A knock came on my suite door, bringing me out of my thoughts. The second knock came down harder, Mathis must still be in the shower. When I opened my door, the bellhop was there looking scared. There was a stranger behind him with the same cut as Mathis. I stepped aside to let the man in, I gave the bellhop a big tip and he was on his way.