Chapter 23

It's been three days since I've been released from the hospital and nobody is letting me do anything. Marco is being extra overprotective, he's been overprotective fool. Mathis is not letting me out of his sight or his side, we haven't been back to our house since my kidnapping. Mathis doesn't think it's safe even with all the security Marco put into the house, he's an overprotective fool. Gabe hasn't left the clubhouse for fear he won't see me again, even though we have my kidnapper locked up. My brothers are being overprotective fools. Hell everyone from my dad to the club are being overprotective fools. Once the older members knew who I was, they came and started apologizing to me for leaving Gabe and I alone for all these years. And even though we have my kidnapper and Marco's men took care of Ajax's club I'm not aloud to leave without one of my brothers, Mathis, my dad, or one of the experienced club members. Blade isn't allowing an prospects to guard me outside the club.

Sneaking away from Ranger I head towards the shed where I knew Ajax was being held when I was pulled back. I looked up and saw Ranger, I groaned when he sat me down back on the couch. Whenever Mathis isn't around Ranger is like my own guard dog, he's making sure I don't go anywhere. The doctor didn't say anything about me taking it easy when I was discharged but the club won't let me do anything. And I wanted to help, Ajax wouldn't spill his guts with club tactics. Marco wasn't here, he had to go to the mafia house to get some work done and see if anything needed his immediate attention. To say he was pissed that nobody came to see me because Alanzo and my mother told them not too. I'm even surprised myself, they listen to Marco not Alanzo. That family has been all I've known for about ten years and they don't see how I'm doing hurts. They helped save me but not come to the hospital, that hurts.

Marco's been more on edge and nobody really knows why. Not even Marco would tell me and Marco always you tell me whatever had him pissed. I think it's because of the FBI, maybe it was their car I saw that night of the dinner. Marco wasn't too thrilled when I didn't tell him right away. Right now I'm sitting in the common room with some old ladies watching home movies of myself, now don't get me wrong I'd love to watch myself on tv but that's all I've been doing since I was discharged. Watching old movies with the club, so they can stop feeling bad or guilty about what they did. I think that they thought that if they had just stayed in touched that none of this would happen. And they'd probably be wrong.

Looking up at Ranger I attempt to make a move to go to the shed but as soon as I lift my ass of the couch even a inch I'm pulled back down. I'm the corner of my eye I see Ranger smirkin. Now I can see why Blade put Ranger in charge of watching me, the dirty bastard knows all my sneaking away. Hell snuck away on him when I was a kid, actually I snuck away from everyone in the club at one point or another. But Ranger was the best when it came to tracking me. I remember one time when I was nine, Blade was super busy and placed me in Ranger's care but he forgot that he promised me ice cream. The next day while I was at Ranger's house I snuck out through Nat's window and headed towards the ice cream shop, had just sat down when Ranger came and got me. Turns out the bastard knew the minute I left his house. I can still remember one thought I had about him that keeps me smiling sometimes; the stupid army giving him tricks he shouldn't have.

How the hell am I going to get Ajax talking when I can't even get Ranger off my ass? I shut my eyes when another club member puts in another DVD of me. I mean shouldn't they be off doing 'jobs' instead of watching stupid home videos? They're big scary bikers but they are still treating me like the club princess that are wrapped around her finger. Let me tell you something I stopped being their princess and having th wrapped around my finger the moment I killed someone. I'm not the same little girl they're trying to remember and they need to get that through their heads. They can't just sit me down, make me watch old movies and hope I'll be that little girl they remember and want back. They're delusional if they think that's going to happen, that little girl died the moment Ajax took her and they need to understand that.