Chapter 19

At about seven o'clock that evening, whilst he lies entwined with Ryan on Ryan's bed, Brendon realises that he's forgotten to get into contact with his mom, again, and that she's probably worrying about him.

He breaks the kiss, causing Ryan to sigh, wistfully, and untangles himself from the long limbs of his boyfriend. He still can't get over that word. Stroking circles into one of Ryan's thighs, absently, he finds his mom's number on his phone, and lifts it to his ear.

"Hello?" comes his mom's worried voice. "Brendon?"

"Yeah, it's me," Brendon replies, and then squeaks slightly as Ryan begins to leave a trail of kisses down his chest. "Um. I-I just wanted to let you know that I'm, um, staying at - at Spencer's house t-tonight, if that's o-okay."

"That's fine," his mother sighs, sounding relieved. "Are you okay? You sounds a bit nervous."

"Oh, I-I'm fine," he answers, truthfully, as Ryan begins to unbuckle his belt, shooting him a mischievous smile. "Uh. How - how are you?"

"I'm alright," she says, as Ryan pulls Brendon's jeans and underwear down his legs. Brendon shakes his head, eyes wide, but Ryan merely fastens his hands around the bases of Brendon's cock, laughing slightly. "Your father rang earlier, you know. He says he's going to come and stay with us, and soon."

"Oh, that's - uh - that's good," Brendon mumbles, and he can't help but let out a small moan, what with the pleasure running through his very blood, thanks to Ryan's quickening hand movements.

"What was that?" his mom asks, sounding alarmed. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, but I really, really have to go?" Brendon says, quickly and breathlessly, as Ryan laughs again. "I'll - er - I'll see you t-tomorrow."

"Don't go just yet," his mom orders him, and he winces, as Ryan begins to stroke him even faster, leaning forward to press kisses onto his abdomen. "I want to have a quick word with you about Rodney."

"Look, Mom, this isn't the best --"

"That bruise on your jaw, who gave it to you?"

Brendon lets out another, ill-disguised groan, as he can feel his insides twisting. Why does his mom pick now to be concerned about her abusive boyfriend? "J-just some jock at school, but Rodney has - Rodney has --"

"Brendon, are you quite sure that you're --"

He lets out a loud, uncontrolled moan, then, and comes, tossing his head back. He can hear Ryan laughing, but is a little too deafened by pleasure to really notice. Fuck. He had no idea that anybody could bring him to the edge so quickly.

There's silence on the phone, and then his mom asks, in a rather higher pitched voice than usual, "Brendon, are you at Ryan's house?"

"I've got to go," Brendon tells her, and cuts off the call. He sits up, cheeks burning, and glares at Ryan, who is just about killing himself with his hard laughter. "Well, thanks very, very much for wanking me off whilst I'm talking to my mother."

Ryan manages to stop laughing for two seconds, giving him enough time to wheeze, "You just came to the sound of your mother's voice."

Brendon goes even redder, and crosses his arms, falling back across the bed. "Fine. If you're going to be horrible, I may as well --"

"I'm sorry," Ryan grins, not much sounding it. He lays down next to Brendon, however, curling his arm around his waist and pressing his lips against his cheeks, comfortingly. "I'm sorry," he whispers, the giggle now gone from his voice. "I just can't help but want to, well. Um."