Chapter 6

Shawn p.o.v.

I'm on the phone waiting for my dads call. I tried to get a flight last night, but the soonest flight isn't till Tuesday and that's two days away. I've been crying in my room ever since. My mommy could be dying right now and I'm in another country not being there with her. Maybe if I told them about my sexuality we could have gotten over it and I could have been there. I would have had some extra time with her. My children would have known their grandma.

"Shawn don't do that," Cam says.

"Don't do what," I whisper wiping away some tears.

"You're thinking what ifs. That's not good."

"Why not?"

"Because I've been there. When me and Nash broke up I went there. All it did was make me more depress and less productive. You can't do anything about the past all you can do is make a better future. As Lewis Robinson once said, 'keep moving forward'," he says.

I giggle a little at the meet the Robinson reference. I then sigh sadly. "Sorry I've been a mess since last night. I hope the kids weren't that much trouble."

"They were fine, but they were worried. They know something is wrong, but don't know what yet."

"Oh. Maybe I should talk to them." I sit up and change put on some sweatpants. I still have the sweater from yesterday. I'm about to leave when I hear my phone ring. I run to it and it is the call I've been waiting for. I answer it immediately.

"Daddy, is she okay," I ask.

"Shawn is that you," I hear my mother's voice. I feel tears of happiness fall.

"Mommy you're alive. Thank God. I thought I lost you." I start crying and feel relief.

"Sh sh baby. I'm okay. Mommy's here," he says comforting me. Even though it should be the other way around.

"I'm sorry. I tried to get a flight, but there aren't any flights going over there till Tuesday. I was thinking of driving over there, but I couldn't just pack my sons and my stuff and go. Plus it wouldn't be safe for the three of us," I ramble one.

"Sons," she asks. I freeze. I just told her that I have children. "Shawn do you have children?"

I bite my lip and decide to tell her the truth. "Yeah. Twin boys."

"Who's the mother?" I look over to Cam to ask for help. He just shrugs.

"Um...mom, I kind of am the mother," I say. It's silent for a couple of minutes. I start to panic. What's if she disowns me now? I don't think I could handle that. I then hear her start to laugh. Does she think this is a joke?

"So you're like your dad," she says chuckling.

I frown. "Dad's gay," I ask. She laughs some more.

"No Shawn, but he does have the carrier gene," she says.

"Really?"

"Yeah Shawn. He actually carried you." My eyes go wide. My dad gave birth to me.

"H-how?"

"Well as you know I can't have carry children," she starts. "When we had Aaliyah we had to use a surrogate as you remember, but we had you differently. With your father having Carrier gene we were able to use him instead of a surrogate."

"Oh my, why didn't you tell me?"

"We were going to when you got older, but we couldn't find a good time. Like how do you bring it up."

"Maybe when we had the sex talk. You could have mentioned it."

"We never had the sex talk remember. You and Luke did remember?"