Chapter 9

Taylor p.o.v.

Nash and I walk out of the garage and to the the sidewalk public area where Irwin said he saw the kid. When we get there, there in fact is a kid on the ground shaking. People weren't doing anything, they were just ignoring him. What the hell?

"Hey kid," Nash yelled when we were a few feet away. The kid turned and when he saw us he ran towards us and grabbed onto my leg for dear life.

"Are you okay," I ask. The kid seemed confused for a sec and then looked up at me and Nash. He let go of me and started to walk back.

"You not Danny or Alex," he says.

"Alex? Me and Cam were going to name one of our kids Alex," Nash says.

"This is no time to talk about your problem," I tell him and turn to the kid.

"You know my uncle Cammy," the kid asks.

"No. Sorry," Nash apologizes.

"Are you lost," I ask. He nods his head. His face looks really familiar, but I don't know from where. He has brown hair and brown eyes. His eyes are a little puffy and red since he had been crying.

"Do you want to come with us," I ask.

"No. Daddy said not to go with stwangers," he says.

"We promise not to hurt you."

"No."

"We have candy and video games," Nash says. I hit him the arm. "That makes us sound like kidnappers dumbass," I whisper to him.

"Daddy said not to accept candy from stwangers and not to go wit dem no matter what day say." I groan and shake my head. We can't leave the kid here, because somebody could kidnap him and if we take him he will scream, and people will think we are kidnapping him.

"What will make you believe us," I ask.

"Nothing. Unless daddy says okay," he says.

"What if we take you to the police station, so they can help you," Nash suggest.

"You could be lying and steal me," the kid says.

"What if we call the police and they come down here."

"You can have yo fwiend dwess up as a police man and pwetend to be a cop," the kid points out. Damn this kid is smart.

"What if you call them," I say.

"I don't know. My fwiend says the popo be shady," he says. I bite my lip not to laugh.

"How about you call the police and if they say it's okay to come with us or not? We both couldn't be out to kidnap you right?"

He taps his chin thinking about it. "Okay, but if you lie I will cut you wit fish."

"Okay," Nash says handing him his phone after he unlocks his phone. The kid grabs it and frowns. "You said you didn't know my uncle Cammy," he says.

"What do you mean?"

The kid shows the phone and points to Cam. "That's my uncle Cammy."

"Wait. Are you Sierra's kid," Nash asks.

"Who's Sierwa?"

"Never mind. Nash do you still have Cam's number?" Nash shakes his head. "He changed it, but I do know his email. Maybe I could talk to him," Nash says.

"Okay we'll do that if the cops say it's okay."

"Nash?" The kid asks looking at Nash.

"Yeah."