Chapter 8

Shawn p.o.v.

My mother has been texting somebody none stop since I came here. I ask her who it is and she says no one, but I see that mischievous smile on her face. Last time she had that smile she was able to get the mayor to name the new street K.Mendes Blvd.

Drew and Danny seem to really like my parents and sister. My dad was so happy to meet his grand kids and reunite with me. Wait. I saw his car in the driveway. How did he get here?

"Dad how did you get here? I saw your car in the driveway," I say.

"I took a taxi. My car is broken, your sister who has your mom car now wasn't here this morning, and your mother's car is at the mechanics getting fix." he answers.

"Oh that reminds me. Shawn could you go to the mechanic today with your sister" my mother asks.

"Why me?"

"Ah...your father has work to do and I have to make dinner. Please?"

"Fine, but I wanted to go to the park with the today."

"There's a park in MC, that is near the mechanics," she says.

"Okay. I think I should take the kids to the park now," I say. I yell to the kids to that we're leaving and get Aaliyah, so we can leave.

As we walk Aaliyah says, "So, I heard you're gay," she says.

"Yeah so," I ask.

"How long?"

"I think I always knew. I felt strange feelings when I saw guys, but with girls I felt nothing. Then when I got older I realized I was gay."

"So did you and Luke ever do...you know do the horizontal tango?"

"No I'm terrible dancer and Luke only likes party dancing," I say confused.

She face palms herself. "I meant did your have sex?" My face blushes and my kids look at me weird. "Daddy how do you have a letter," Drew asks. "If you can can I have Q. It sounds funny," Danny says.

I glare at my sister and she gives me a sheepish smile. "She means if we ever shared a bowl of letter soup. And no Aaliyah we never shared a letter X," I say.

"Ohhhh," they say. "Can I have Q with Evan tomowwow," Danny asks. "Can me and Devyn have W," Drew asks.

"Sure I will talk with Luke and see what he says," I tell them.

I put them on the back seat and Aaliyah helps me buckle them up to their booster seat.

Cam p.o.v.

"Daddy can we get that," Alex asks pointing to the fruit snacks on the shelf. They're the healthy kind, so I put them in the cart.

"Yippee. You are the best daddy ever," he says. I smile at him. He looks more and more like his papa everyday. They have the same blue eyes, the same freckles, the same smile. I wonder if he will look exactly like him when he's older.

"Daddy, when we go? I want to play with Lizzie and Jasmine and Jamie," he asks. Jamie looks like a little me, but Lizzie looks like a combination of Nash and I.

"Soon. Why did you come then if you wanted to play with them," I ask chuckling as tries to get out of the cart.

"I wanted my fwuit snacks," he says.

"Well we're almost done. I just need a few more things," I say. I went to the super market today to get some food and Alex decided he wanted to come along instead of staying with JJ. We walk around for a little bit more while I grab some stuff. It's pretty quiet till I hear Alex say, "Daddy have I told how pwetty you look today?"