Chapter 12

Pic of Bella

Shawn p.o.v.

I haven't stopped shaking since I've woken up. I'm super super nervous about my first day of work in a new place. I wanted to talk to Cam about it, but when he came home at 3 in the afternoon he was drunk and passed out. He mumbled something about a failed one night stand. Of course you can't stand all night when you're drunk.

When he woke up again he picked up the kids and came into my room crying about something. I couldn't understand anything other than the words ugly, Nash, donut, and son. I felt really bad for him. I comforted him and told him everything was fine and God has a plan.

Cameron always holds everything in. Stress, anger, sadness till something snaps. He first gets drunk, hooks up with somebody(I think fishing relaxes him), and then cries his heart out till he passes out.

After he passes out I got the kids ready for bed which was really hard and then went to sleep myself. I slept in Cam's bed since he was occupying mine. Now I'm making lunch for Drew, Danny, and I while they watch power rangers.

I write a note to Cam that I'm going to a job interview and taking Drew and Danny. I don't want to tell him I found a job, because I don't know if I have it or not. It's just a trial run. I put the note onto the fridge and pack the rest of the kids stuff and we leave.

"Daddy where we goin," Drew asks as I pull out of the driveway.

"Do you remember that nice man who found you on Wednesday," I ask.

"Yeah."

"Well he offered me a job and he said I could bring you guys on my first day," I say.

"Weally? Ya. You can meet Taywor Danny," Drew says enthusiastically. Danny was dozing off, so he wasn't listening.

After 15 minute drive filled with are we there yets by Drew we finally arrived to Caniff Co. I parked the car and took out my kids and put on their backpacks and took out my messenger bag. Danny was still a little tired, so I picked him up and had Drew hold my hand.

When we walk in I see the receptionist reading a magazine. She has blonde hair that is tied in a bun and is wearing a black woman's suite. "Umm excuse me, could you help me," I ask her politely.

She groans and rudely says, "What?" Danny and Drew glare at her as I try to give her a smile. Maybe she had a bad morning and is trying to express.

"Well today is my first day and my boss Mr. Caniff said to talk to the front desk first. He said he would send somebody down," I tell her.

She snort and looks at me up and down. "What would Mr. Caniff want with you? By the way I would recommend not bringing your kids in on the first day."

Before I can respond Drew steps in. "Hey, stop being mean." "Yeah," Danny adds.

"Wow. Now you have your brats fighting your battles. Pathetic," she says.

"I'm not a doll and stop being a meanie," Danny says.

"Oh I'm so scared," she says sarcastically. "What are you going to do about it?" That's when she made a big mistake. You should never underestimate my children. Once I told them if they wanted a new bike they had to save up for it. So they dressed up as hobos and begged for money from the parents when they came to pick up the kids at preschool. They got 500 dollars. Then they got Jack to take them to the store and bought the bikes. I didn't even know they had new bikes till we moved here.

Now the receptionist is paying for it. In under 2 minutes half of her hair was cut off, she had a drawn unibrow and mole, and she was on fire. I may or may not have lingered when grabbing the fire extinguisher.