Chp 5

"Lily?"

I shield my eyes as I turn back around to face the figure. For a second I don't register the familiar and warm hazel (almost yellow) eyes, ruffled light brown hair and the disbelieving face covered in scratches. Then I snap into reality.

"R-Remus?" I gasp, launching forward to embrace him but he shoves me away, looking terrified. I don't blame him.

"W-Who are you?" He stutters, his wand hand shaking. I shake my head in response.

"It's me, Remus.. Lily" I hold out a hand in defence.

Remus' expression becomes wild and angry. "You are not Lily Potter! Are you the one who blasted their grave open and stole their bodies? And you decided to... To... To transform into them?"

I smile softly. "Remus, you've always been a smart kid, don't you remember? You can't transform into people that are no longer alive, it's me, I promise"

Something flashes in Remus' eyes and he smiles a little. "I don't believe you. Is it really you? Dumbledore said.. But how...?"

I laugh and fling my arms around Remus, hugging my old friend. A sob escapes his throat as he clings to me like he's never going to let go.

"Remus" I giggle, shoving my head into his shoulder. "I'm nearly choking!"

Remus laughs quietly and pulls away, tears running down his face. "Sorry Lily... I just can't believe you're here. I never thought this day would come, Merlin, I didn't even expect this. Of course I didn't. You... You were dead"

Remus' eyes show nothing but love and hope and I smile. But my smile quickly turns into a frown as Remus turns around and curses, staring at the sky. I look up and see a full moon. Remus flashes me a look before whimpering and falling to the ground, and I begin to sway on my feet, feeling dizzy.. and then... everything... is... black...

Flashback

"Remus?" I ask cautiously, reaching out and touching him on the shoulder.

As he spins around, his eyes are a fiery orange, his pupils tiny dots. I gasp and back away, refusing to pull out my wand and attack him.

"What do you want, Lily?! Can't you see I want to be left alone?" Remus spits fiercely, stepping towards me.

As I back as far away as I can until my back hits the wall and I'm cornered. I hold out my hand uselessly to stop him approaching.

"Remus, w-what're you doing?" I whisper, trying to appear calm. "This isn't you Remus! You're not the monster they say you are! You can control this, you-"

"SHUT UP!" Remus roars, and he begins to grow, his limbs expanding and his eyes growing red. Hair sprouts from his arms, legs and face as his clothes rip open.

It's a monstrous thing. It leans over me, growling, and there's not a hint of my best friend left. Instead, I'm left staring at a growling monster that wants to kill me. As it raises a claw I scream, begging for mercy... and then the door is burst open.

"Lily!" James gasps frantically. "No, take me! Not Lily! Run, Lily! Just run!"

The wolf turns to James and heads towards him, opening its mouth wide, showing a set of sharp, deadly teeth.

"James-"

End of flashback

---

OOOH DAMN

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to lailacolliersfield3 For voting and commenting 😘😘