Chp 7

James POV

His eyes. Lily's eyes. The bright vibrant shade of green that made me dizzy. The eyes that pierced me with fury in Hogwarts, then eventually, love. I look from Lily to Harry, eventually seeing some small difference in their eyes. Lily's eyes had specks of the darkest green, and the lightest green. Whereas Harry had little bits of hazel in his. Lily's eyes were a little wider and looked permanently curious, but Harry's were almond shaped, a little more like mine. I notice that Harry wears glasses like me, but his are round and look as though they'd been broken a few times. Probably on the Quidditch pitch. I smile and shake my head at the thought.

His hair is like mine. Messy, black, untameable. I notice that he ruffles it the way I do when he's nervous or confused, but I used to only do it when I was trying to impress Lily or show off. Or trying to charm a teacher out of giving me a detention of course. As I think about this Harry runs his hand through his hair without realising. He's small, like Lily but he has long limbs like me- good for catching the snitch, I smirk to myself. He must play Quidditch of course, how can he not? Sirius was the one that bought him his first broom as soon as he was born, and he was zooming around on it before he could even walk. Lily always got worried when harry was on his broom, and I don't blame her as I do recall the time he went flying straight through the window. Come to think of it, he did mention something about a game when he came in the ward. Is he good? What position does he play? Does he play any other sports? What broom does he have? So many questions rush through my head about Harry that I don't notice him staring at me.

"Harry.." I grin, wondering how long he's been watching me smile like an idiot, but it quickly fades when Harry's expression turns angry. Furious. Mental.

"Who are you?! what do you think you're playing at?!" He roars accusingly and Sirius reaches out a hand to comfort him.

"I know this is hard to take in-" I start cautiously, knowing that I'm treading on thin ice.

"no shit" Sirius mumbles.

"I'm your father Harry, and this is your m-" I start but Harry pulls out his wand.

"My father is dead!" He shouts, tears pricking in his emerald eyes. All I want to do is reach out and hug him, but I know I can't. "Both my parents are dead... I don't know who you are.. But I will kill you. I'm not scared to kill you"

I turn to Lily desperately, and see she's in tears. She takes Harry's hand, staring intently at him and begins to speak. "Harry, listen to me. We're back, we don't know how- nobody does, but we came back somehow, and -"

"SHUT UP!" Harry yells, throwing his wand across the room in anger. "DONT YOU DARE PRETEND TO BE MY MUM! SHE IS DEAD. NOBODY CAN COME BACK FROM THE DEAD! I can't believe you... I don't want to lose you all over again..."

So that's what it's all about. Harry is scared of believing us incase we leave him again. He thinks we're going to leave him and forget about him.

"Harry, will you please understand-"

"NO I WILL NOT UNDERSTAND! YOU ARE A LIAR, AND THIS WOMAN PRETENDING TO BE MY MOTHER IS A HORRIBLE, RUDE-"

"HARRY JAMES POTTER" I shout, my temper snapping. "Listen to me, please. You're my son. I know everything about you. Like how you would throw your food at the wall when Lily tried to feed you. You would only let me feed you. You learnt how to ride a broomstick before you could walk. Sirius bought you it. Your first word was Padfoot because Sirius pestered you about it everyday. Lily was so disappointed that it wasn't 'mummy'. You hated our cat because it scratched you- Lily threw it away for doing that" I chuckle at the memory. "You separate your vegetables from your meat. You love getting letters for some strange reason. You wanted an owl when you were younger called Hedwig. You used to have horrible nightmares that woke Lily and I up every night. I know you Harry, you're my son"

For a minute Harry stares into space with an unreadable expression and Lily grips my hand. Sirius pats me encouragingly on the back, mumbling "good luck" in my ear. Eventually Harry turns back to me.

"Turn into prongs" he says softly, hope glimmering in his eyes. I smile and nod, glad that we're getting somewhere.

I tap myself with my wand and in my place is the familiar stag. The symbol that seems to mean a lot to Harry. His expression turns from confusion to shock to glee and he gasps, tears running down his face.

"Dad- mum-" he throws himself at us and hugs us like he's going to lose us. "I love you. I love you so much"

"I love you too, Harry" I whisper. "More than you'll ever know"

"We're always going to be here for you Harry" Lily says encouragingly, looking stunning even though there are tears running down her cheeks. "We're never going to leave you"

"Never" I agree, nodding frantically.

Harry smiles and snuggles into us, just the way he did when he was a baby. Sirius sits awkwardly beside us, smiling fondly.

"C'mon and join the hug Padfoot, you're part of the family too" I grin and Sirius whoops, jumping on top of us all, causing Harry to laugh. The laugh is what makes me smile the most. Knowing that my son is content at last.

---

I cried writing this omf ahaha😭  Harry finally met his parents yassssss!! 😂

So I know my chapters have been short recently but I promise the next chapter is going to be 1250 words +, Okay? Okay. Please tell me your thoughts on this chapter, ily xx