Chp12//dudders

Everyone hopped back into the memory again. They were now outside a very neat house.

"Who's-?" Started James.

"Petunia." Lily cut him off. "And Vernon"

Everyone sighed sympathetically. Sirius actually growled and approached the door, his foot nearly going right through the little bundle on the doorstep.

"Watch it!" Harry exclaimed. "That's me you're nearly stepping on!"

Ron laughed quietly but James and Lily were outraged. "You left our son on a doorstep in the middle of the night?!"

Dumbledore nodded. "I'd put a few heat spells on him so he'd be warm enough"

Lily nodded but James still looked ticked off. "Why didn't you just knock on the door?"

"It was the middle of the night when he was left there, James" Lily said gently, smiling.

James approached baby Harry to get a better look at him, and stared at the scar Voldemort had given him. His short tufts of black hair were blowing in the cool breeze and his emerald eyes were closed.

As time passed and the sky didn't brighten Ginny noticed something coming from Harry's head in the memory. "Look!" She exclaimed, pointing at it.

"My bike!" Howled Sirius, leaping forward to get a closer look. Sure enough, a big, semitransparent, green and black motorbike was hovering above Harry's head.

"He's dreaming" Hermione explained. "We're seeing what he's dreaming out"

---

The sun rose on privet drive and everyone was very sleepy after waiting for the memory to get exciting.

A milkman hopped out of his van and approached the dursley's doorstep, but the second he saw the baby he bolted, dropping the bottles with a clatter.
A few people opened their curtains curiously and took in the scene before them. Several older people tutted and shook their heads before going back to sleep. Petunia Dursley immediately got out of bed at the noise, going to be nosy, but when she opened the door, she uttered a loud scream.

"What?!" Vernon had joined her at the door.

Lily was frowning at the sight of her sister. They were practically opposites in appearance. Petunia was bony and thin whereas Lily was a healthy size, petunia had dull hair but Lily had vibrant red, and petunias eyes were almost the same colour, but without the twinkle in Lily's.

Vernon was a short but wide man. He could barely fit through the door and when it came to picking up the baby he could hardly reach his thighs.

"Who's is it?" Vernon exploded.

Petunia lips were in a thin line. "It's that Potter brat."

James actually went to smack petunia when Lily pulled him back by his ear.

"Did you hear them?!" James was furious. "That's my son!"

"What should we do with it?" Vernon grunted in reply.

"IT?!" Sirius roared, turning on Vernon and preparing for a fight that's never going to happen.

Petunia hesitated. "I suppose we have to take it in"

"We could send him to an orphanage" Vernon suggested, shrugging.

James was shaking with anger.

Petunia shook her head. "No, we'd get tracked down because of his freak problem"

Lily snorted. "You were just jealous.."

"Oh yes" Vernon agreed, nodding. "We could stamp it out of him"

"THEY BETTER NOT STAMP ON MY SON!" James yelled, misunderstanding the situation yet again.

"IF THEY DO IMMA-" threatened Sirius.

"THEY DONT MEAN IT THAT WAY!" Lily yells over the noise.

"Oh" both the men calm down and Remus chuckles at his friends.

Harry was picked up and they took him inside, closing the door behind them.

Everyone managed to slip in just before the door was shut. The spotless house gave James the feeling of loneliness. This was not a home for a baby to grow up in. Everything was precise and had not one mark on it- except the living room. Lily wrinkled her nose as she entered it. The walls were splattered with baby food and screaming in a high chair was a chubby baby.

"Merlin" Sirius mumbled. "Fat, ugly little-" Lily elbowed him in the ribs.

He was right though. The baby was almost spilling out of its armchair and it had a face extremely similar to a pig. He was having a temper tantrum and his face was scrunched up, ugly tears rolling down his cheeks as he yelled at his mother.

"Now now, duddy!" Petunia had rushed into the room, Harry hanging off her arm. She dropped him carelessly into a chair- "that bitch!" Yelled Sirius, and Lily didn't stop him. -and lifted her screaming son into her arms. "Calm down diddikins! Do you not want the vegetables? I'll go get you some chicken, is that alright, darling?"

Dudley wriggled out of his mothers arms and stumbled towards Harry, barely carrying his own weight. Harry was watching him with mild interest, until Dudley came closer and slapped him on the face, leaving a red mark.

"Hey!" Lily ran up to the Dudley in the memory, while Sirius aimed a bad kick at him and ended up hitting Remus who was glaring at the baby. James wanted to do nothing more than give the baby a big wallop and chuck him out the window.

Harry started crying, his emerald eyes filling with tears while he stuck out his pink bottom lip.

"You were so cute Harry!" Ginny exclaimed and Harry blushed. James winked at him and Sirius nudged him.

Petunia frowned and looked from Harry to Dudley, who was putting on an innocent face.

"Was that boy being mean to you duddy?" Petunia said in a baby voice, sweeping up her son. She turned to Harry, "stop making that noise!" She snapped and Harry stopped immediately.

"You should have been louder" Sirius muttered to Harry.

"Don't encourage him Sirius" Remus rolled his eyes. Harry just chuckled at the older men.

"Ruddy who knows what I'm going to do with you! A burden on the family! That's what you are!" Vernon had stormed in, pointing at Harry. He then turned to his wife and son. "I've shoved a blanket in the cupboard. He can stay there"

"WHAT?" James and lily yelled at the same time.

Sirius looked weak. "A- a cupboard? They kept my godson in a cupboard?!"

Remus' eyes looked dangerous and everyone else looked shocked, except for Ron, Hermione and Ginny who knew all about his experiences.

"Oh Harry" Ginny murmured, sidling over to him and putting her head on his shoulder.

Everyone glared as Harry was shoved in the cupboard and James cried out, wanting to kill Vernon.

"All alone in the cupboard" James sounded as though he was going to cry. "In the dark..."

Lily looked like she was ready for a fight. "I swear, this can't get any worse can it?" She asked Harry weakly.

Harry laughed lightly. "You're in for a surprise mum"