Chapter 14

Just as the colourful image of Diagon Alley faded into focus Ron interrupted the memory. "Can we take a break from the memory" He was looking faint and his whole face was pale.

"Why?" Hermione asked, concerned. She tilted her head at Ron who waited several moments before answering sheepishly.

"I'm hungry.."

"Why am I not surprised" Harry sighed, a slight smile on his face. "Yeah I'm kind of hungry too, what time is it?"

"About 2 I think" Ginny spoke up, checking her watch. "Lunch is just about to start"

"FOOOOOD!" Sirius whooped, fist pumping the air and making everyone jump. "Food?"

James chuckled then winked at Sirius. "Yes padfood, good dog"

"Shut up, James" Sirius scowled and huffed at his best friend. He turned his back on James and pouted childishly.

---
A few hours later
DUMBLEDORES POV

"Indeed velvet is nice, Minerva. But doesn't cotton just feel cosier?" I question, and Minerva McGonnagal frowns at me.

I'm sat at my office chair, writing letters to the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang schools, but one thing keeps bothering me.

"I don't know why you feel the need to ask me that Albus. It's a complete matter of opinion" she shuffles her paperwork, her eyebrows drawn tight together in concentration.

I sigh loudly. "Yes. But, I find that velvet is rather itchy, don't you think?"

Minerva looks up at me and scowls. "Albus, you're the greatest wizard in the world, you know spells others can't even begin to think about, and you're asking me what kind of fabric makes the best socks? Sometimes I question what goes on in your mind! Cotton socks indeed.."

"I think its a perfectly reasonable question" I say in a dignified manner. "Nothing unprofessional about it at all. It's a completely mature conversation, I don't understand why you're being so childish about this, Minerva"

The professor rolls her eyes at me, and I'm sure she can notice the twinkle of humour in my own. "Merlin you're crazy Albus, that's what you are indeed!  Completely out of your head! You need a holiday."

I stand and cross the room towards the window overlooking the quidditch pitch. "Yes, that's true. However, one can't simply abandon their duties to the school, even for a week. Voldemort is still at large and and there's more important things to think about, such as-"

"Discussing woollen socks?" Minerva interrupts slyly.

I give a gentle smile. "Exactly."

Lily's PoV

"How are we going to get to the hall without being noticed?" James asks Harry, who frowns for a moment, thinking.

We're sitting on the desks in a deserted classroom. Hermione and Ron had to go 'study', leaving me, James, Harry, Ginny, Sirius and Remus.

"Are you kidding James? We're marauders! We know every secret passageway in school!" Sirius tuts, shaking his head in mock disappointment at James.

"I haven't been here in years! I've been dead for years" James yelps defensively.

Harry smiles to himself. "Half the secret passages have been blocked by Filch anyway. I do know some though.."

While he's not paying attention I take the time to look properly at him. When he's in deep thought his nose scrunches, which causes his glasses to fall down his face slightly. He subconsciously brushes his hair away from his eyes as he speaks, his eyes lighting up with new ideas. He's basically a mini version of James, but shorter, and his eyes are brighter, happier. I take a glance at James and find out he's doing the exact same thing as I am, staring, mesmerised at Harry, appreciating every little thing about him, realising how lucky we are to all be a family again.

"Are you guys even listening to me?" Harry says, and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Uhh.." I stutter awkwardly. "Of course we were.."

Sirius shakes his head. "Tut tut Evans, imagine you not paying attention, and I thought you were the teachers pet.."

I scowl and Harry laughs at my angry face. "You look like you're going to explode"

"She probably is, mental tempers those gingers have.." Sirius mumbles under his breath but both me and Ginny still hit him.

"Hey!" Sirius pouts. "I'm being attacked by the ginger balls of rage and fury!"

There's an awkward silence for several seconds before James speaks, and of course, like everything else he says, his words and childish and meaningless.

"Ginger balls..?" He smirks questioningly.

"Urghhh" I scoff and roll my eyes. How did I know he'd say something like that. "You are so immature"

"You thought it not me!" James laughs and I slap him jokingly. He lets out a small yell and aims to hit my shoulder, but since I duck he hits me straight in the eye, a lot harder than he meant to.

"Bloody hell James!" I glare, holding one hand to my eye.

"Oh no Lils are you okay?" The corners of his mouth are turning up and dimples appear in his cheeks, and I can tell he's trying not to smile.

Behind James, Sirius is in a mad fit of silent laughter. Between laughs and snorts he manages to gasp. "Your- f-face! Haha-ha!" Tears of laughter and streaming down his face.

"Mum should we get Madame Pomfrey?" Harry asks, sounding concerned, but there's a small smile on his face too.

"Haha! Harry did you see her face! She had so many chins when she got hit! Hahahaha!" Sirius is clutching his stomach from laughing.

"Be quiet Sirius" Remus hushes his friend and turns to me. "Can you see alright lily?"

"If you're asking if I can see that immature, vain, arrogant prick also known as Sirius Black in front of me then yes!" I glower at Sirius.

"Lily-flower, your words delight me" Sirius clutches his heart in mock happiness.

"Go and get Madame Pomfrey" I say to him, almost spitting out my words. "And don't get seen!"

Sirius starts walking backwards towards the door, still facing us. "Eye eye Lily, will do!" He pauses. "Get it?! Eye eye? Cause your eye..." Caught up in laughter at his own joke Sirius stumbles out of the classroom.

Hey guys! I know this chapter is kind of awfuuuul and sooo boring but I haven't written this for months so I'm just starting to get used to this app again! I'm going to upload maybe twice or three times a week if I can, so be excited!

Question of the chapter - What would you like to happen in the next few chapters? I'm definitely planning the Triwizard tournament, and a super special kind of quidditch match, and loads more! So let me know your ideas!

Thanks again for reading, your comments and votes mean so much! X