Chp 6

A/N - this chapter is dedicated to tris_dauntless_ for her comment, it really means lots to me when people give me feedback :) anyway, on with the chapter-

Lily's POV

Poke.

Someone taps my head. I keep my eyes closed and stay silent, not wanting to get up.

Poke.

I groan and turn around, still not opening my eyes. "Get lost" I mumble.

Poke.

"Stop it!" I say a little louder. silence follows and I sigh and cover my face, finally starting to relax again.

Poke.

"Bloody hell Padfoot, Stop poking her!" a deep voice yells.

Someone laughs and runs away. I open my eyes, wincing at the sunlight coming through the window. In front of me, James is staring at me pityingly and Remus stands at the side, looking ashamed. That's when my eyes adjust to the light and I look around the room, a sense of recognition coming to me.

"Oh my! We're in-"

"Hogwarts" James finishes, grinning. He looks around in admiration. "In the ward for idiots who have been attacked by werewolves"

I crack a smile at his pathetic joke but Remus frowns, taking my hand. "I'm so sorry, Lily" he chokes out, shaking his head in guilt. "I just didn't expect anyone to be near me, I should've thought. And now you're here, in the hospital ward, because of me"

Tears spring to Remus' eyes. "I'm a monster"

Both James and I make noises of protest and I pull Remus into a hug. "It wasn't your fault. Everyone knows you can't help it and if anyone doesn't like you they have something wrong with them. You're the sweetest, smartest and most thoughtful guy ever-" James huffs at my words. "- and you're always going to be my best friend. I don't blame you"

"I agree" James nods and Remus takes a step back and smiles.

"What did I do to deserve friends like you?"

---

"Evans!" Sirius howls, running towards me and making us all jump.

"It's Potter, actually" James smirks, looking proud.

"Sirius!" I whisper-shout, looking around. "Be quiet! What if someone hears us?!"

Sirius shrugs. "Who cares?"

"Oh, well, it's not like James and I are meant to be dead and you're a wanted criminal!" I say sarcastically. "Remus is the only one here that's accepted!"

Sirius pouts, putting his hand to his chest as if my words wounded him. "That hurt, Lils. I thought you were better than that"

I tut and shake my head, rolling my eyes. Remus smiles fondly. "I better get back to the Order. I've got an update for them"

"Okay, see you" I smile and he disapparates with a wave.

James sighs happily and sits on one side of me, Sirius on the other. We sit in silence until worried voices come from the direction of the door.

"Under the covers!" I whisper, and at once we all dart under them, admittedly looking slightly suspicious.

As the voices get closer I strain to try to hear them.

"Harry Potter? Again?"

I turn wide eyed to James, and he looks just as eager as I am. I shake my head, gesturing for him to stay under the covers until everyone is gone.

"Im not even hurt! Let me finish the game!"

My breath hitches in my throat when I hear Harry's voice and James croaks out a word. I slap my hand over his mouth to stop him speaking, and peek through a hole in the duvet, trying to see my son. A mess of jet black hair. Vibrant green eyes. That's all I see until the blanket is yanked off us and Harry is staring at us. Oh Merlin. This I going to be hard to explain.

---

What would you like to happen in this book guys? I've got lots of ideas but id like some of your suggestions :) x