Chp 13// meeting Hagrid

Here it is guys- chapter13! :) im about to reply to as many comments as I can on all my chapters as I wasn't online for ages. Again, thank you for the comments and votes, it means loaddsssss I love you !!<3
---

As the memory fades back in, the Potters, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Remus and Sirius found themselves in a dark and cold hut.

"What's going on-?" Ron looked around, his eyes wide with terror.

"I don't..." Harry squinted into the darkness. "I don't know.."

Suddenly a crash came to their right and light filled the cramped area before it was shadowed by a dark figure. Dudley squealed and ran to the corner of the room and petunia and Vernon came running from their room. As the man moved out of the way it was clear who he was. Rubeus Hagrid was standing there, as tall as two fully grown men and he was beaming down at Harry, who lay on the freezing floor.

"Hello Harry!" He boomed and Harry froze.

"Hagrid!" James grinned. Harry nodded, smiling lightly.

"H-how do you know my name?" Harry stuttered, while Vernon looked on furiously.

Hagrid was taken aback. "How do I know your name? Are you serious? Errybody knows yer name, Harry!"

Harry frowned, his forehead creased. "What do you mean? I'm not famous, I don't even have any friends"

Lily's face fell at Harry's words. The idea of her son having nobody to talk to at school was one of her worst nightmares. The fact that Harry was alone.

"Not famous? Of course you are! You're Harry Potter!" Hagrid was confused now. Why was the boy acting that way? Like he was a nobody?

"Ummm.. What's your name?" Harry asked cautiously.

"The names Rubeus Hagrid" Hagrid drew himself up proudly, his head high. "But you can just call me Hagrid. Everybody does.. I'm the keeper of the keys at Hogwarts School. You'll know all about Hogwarts of course"

"No sorry, I don't" Harry was feeling stupid now.

"You don't know about Hogwarts?!" Hagrid blasted, glaring at the Dursleys. Petunia squealed and hid behind Vernon who returned the glare cautiously.

"I refuse you to tell him!" Vernon had gained his speech and confidence back and he started towards Hagrid, waggling his finger threateningly.

"Oh shut it, Dursley" with a light whack, Vernon was pushed back beside his wife. He cowered away from the giant. Hagrid turned back to Harry. "You know nothing about our world? My world? Your parents world? YOUR world?"

Harry was annoyed that Hagrid was making him seem so dumb. "I know some things, I can do maths. But.. I think you've got the wrong person Hagrid. I'm not special"

"Your names Harry? Harry Potter?" Hagrid demanded.

"Yes.." Harry frowned, thinking.

"Your mother and father were called Lily and James?" Hagrid's expression had softened slightly.

"I.." Harry gulped. "I don't know my parents names"

James looked at Lily, outraged, then turned to Harry. "They didn't tell you our names?!" Harry shook his head.

Lily's expression was hurt but James looked completely broken. "My son.. Didn't know his parents names.."

Sirius and Remus were looking sadly at their best friend. They had only seen that heartbroken look on James' face when he had been told voldemort was after his family. His face had drained of colour and he gulped viciously, trying to hold back his tears.

"DURSLEY!" Hagrid advanced on Vernon, waggling his umbrella at him threateningly. "WHY DIDNT YOU TELL HARRY? IT WAS ALL IN DUMBLEDORES LETTER!"

Harry glanced between Hagrid and Vernon, then behind them at Petunia and Dudley. Both looked terrified, and Vernon was putting on a useless attempt at seeming brave. His moustache quivered as he spoke, his voice trembling with fear. "We promised when we took him in we would stamp it out of him! We're not having his strangeness!"

"Strangeness?" Hagrid boomed, waving his umbrella wildly. "His parents were the best wizards in the goddamn world, apart from.. You-know-who of course- you couldn't find better people anywhere! An' I expect Harry's gained their magic skills"

Harry had a look of bewilderment on his face. Wizards? Magic? And who was this You-Know-Who guy? Harry opened and closed his mouth, looking like a goldfish. "A- a wizard? Are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure, Harry. Ever made something strange happen when you're angry, or stressed?" Hagrid was beaming now.

Harry's face became one of  immense concentration, and slowly a smile spread across his lips. "What's Hogwarts?"

"-the best place in the world" interrupted Sirius.

"Home" said James fondly.

Hagrid looked extremely proud as he stood up a little taller, whacking his head on the roof and making the whole building shake. "Ouch- Hogwarts is a school for magic, Harry. The best one in the darn country, it is! And you'll be under the supervision of the best Headmaster Hogwarts has ever seen, Albus Dumbled-"

"I AM NOT PAYING FOR SOME CRACKPOT OLD FOOL TO TEACH HIM MAGIC TRICKS!" Vernon had gained his confidence and advanced on Hagrid. He knew it was a mistake at once.

"You- will not- speak bad of- Albus - Dumbledore!" Hagrid swung his umbrella wildly over his head before bringing it down with a crack, pointing at Dudley. 

Immediately Dudley yelped and his hands flew to his bottom, where a pink tail had started to protrude. A few seconds later there was a fully formed pig tail where his hands had been. 

James, Ron, Ginny and Sirius roared with laughter while Lily, Hermione and Remus shot them disapproving looks. Harry grinned appreciatively.

"Hagrid shouldn't have done that" Remus frowned. "That could have been dangerous. we know Hagrid isn't the best at spells"

"That-" James chortled, clutching Sirius' shoulder. "-was bloody brilliant!"

Tears of laughter were streaming down their faces, and lily tried and failed to hide a small smile. It was funny, seeing the look of horror on her sisters face at what had happened to her son. Petunia had never been fond of Lily's abilities, and it looked like she hated them even more now.

Vernon and Petunia crowded around Dudley, and quickly walked into another room, closing the door behind them. Dudley's screams were still heard through the fragile wall.

Hagrid stroked his beard thoughtfully. "Shouldnt'a done that" he said apologetically to Harry. "Meant to turn him into a pig, guess there was just too much pig in there to begin with.."

But Harry wasn't the slightest bit frightened. The humour on his face was evident as he grinned at the giant.

"You best get some sleep, I'll send a letter to Albus tomorrow sayin' we got you yer letter, and tomorrow-" Hagrid yawned, showing his massive mouth. "- we'll be off to diagon alley.."

Hagrid had slumped on the saggy cough and closed his eyes. Harry was eager to know more. "Diagon Alley? What's that Hagrid?!"

Hagrid simply waved a hand in his vague direction and let out a loud snore. Harry smiled to himself as he closed his eyes and drifted off..