Chapter 1: High School Never Ends

My name is AnnAlyse (but everyone just calls me Allie) and all my life I have been an after thought. It's pretty easy to be forgotten when you're five foot nothing and introvetted with an older sister that's 5'2 and all legs and breast so for me, fangirling wasn't just a past time, let's just say if it were an Olympic sport I'm pretty sure I'd get the gold. As many times as I dreamed of shaking hands with the likes of: Jesse McCartney, Billie Joe Armstrong, Travis Barker, Tyler Jøseph, Carlos PenaVega, Alex Gaskarth, Adam (Edge) Copeland, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Kellin Quinn, and Dean Ambrose; among others, I never truly believed in 'dream come true', I'd been let down enough times in life to know better, but fangirling with my cousin Delilah (Deli) and goofing around with my besties Andy(Oreo), Beckie(Bex), and Lolita(we call her lolly) I'd found my own 'safe haven', and I was perfectly content with that until one Saturday afternoon.

"What are you looking at?" I asked Deli after casually glancing more like straight snooping at her computer screensaver

"My bae of course" She responded assuredly

"Who is he?"

"Calum Hood from the band 5 Seconds of Summer" She responded cheekily as I looked in curiosity "oh my gosh girl you need them in your life" she said as she began to bombard me with tons of facts.

Once I got home I decided to put my old 'detective skills' to work, so I googled them. I saw their album on Google Play and sampled it. I fell in love with the "She Looks So Perfect" EP. After sampling the album I did a sampling of another kind. I had to see what these guys looked like since my cousin was making such a buzz about this Calum fella. I was impressed with what I saw, Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings and Michael Clifford were quite the lookers, but there was something about the fourth member that stood out to me. Maybe it was his smile, those dimples, or maybe I was blinded by the bandana, whatever it was I don't know but Ashton Irwin had my full attention at that time. I had to know more about these guys, so I began a fandemonium of sorts. I spent the rest of the weekend learning songs like "Heartache on the Big Screen" and "She Looks so Perfect", by the time I went to school Monday morning I could probably recite the lyrics by heart. I walked into first period humming to a different tune that day, and that 8 weeks left of high school didn't hurt either.

"Have you picked your song for the senior showcase yet?" Lolly asked, stuffing hot cheetoes in her mouth

"Not even remotley close. I was going to go with a Green Day song but thought it would be too cliché, then I thought hey maybe 'SING' or 'The Only Hope for Me is You' but then I thought that an All Time Low song would suit my voice better but the first one that came to mind was 'That Girl' and I've got to keep it PG for the school then I thought of 'Guts' or 'Time-Bomb', 'Heroes', 'My Only One' or old school 'Dear Maria, Count Me In'. I even considered going old school with Backstreet Boys but now I'm thinking of doing a song by this band called 5 Seconds of Summer"

Now I know what you're thinking, what is the shy girl doing trying to perform in front of a packed auditorium of people. Well honestly, believe it or not, performing is really one of, if not the only thing that builds my confidence. I've always felt comfortable performing so naturally Choir and Drama were my calling.

"OMG Mikey is so cute!!!!" Lolita exclaimed as we walked to our second period "Dude I have to do a duet with you!!"

"Of course"

"Well now we have to divide the solos, I'll do Mikey's parts

"And I'll do Ashton's parts"

"Oh wait who else are we going to get to do to Luke and Calum's parts" Lolly asked discouraged

"Well Ms. Esperanza did say we could bring in outside help for instrumental and such as long as they are a student here, so how about we ask Beckie to do drums" I asked