Chapter 16: Gotta Get Out

That pregnancy test was by far the hardest test I've ever had to endure, and I wasn't even the one taking it. That was the worst three minutes of my life. My heart nearly stopped when I saw those two little lines appear.

"Maybe it's a false positive" I said trying to alleviate the tension "I'm probably going to regret this but, when was the last time you and Mike, ya know...."

"Karaoke night" Lolly said

"Anytime before then?" I asked

"Yeah a couple times with in the last couple of weeks" Lolly said.

Since I'm no good with serious situations I said.

"Well Lolz, it looks like Michael IS the father" I said imitating Mr. Polvich. She laughed

"Stop it Al, this is serious what am I going to do?"

"Well, of course you're going to have to tell Michael, and your parents" I said as I sat on my bed

"Oh gosh" she said as she fell back on the bed "That I am not ready for"

"But look on the brightside Lolz, least they'll be sexiness for the younger generations" I laughed

"Really?" she laughed

"What, you know I suck in serious situations and it's true, those genes must live on" I joked

"Yeah, you're right" she laughed.

Just at that moment the mail ran

"I've got to go get the mail so, get your pee stick off my bed, I just washed these sheets" I said laughing. She grabbed the remnants of the test and threw them in my trash receptacle.

Once I retrieved the packages my mother had me waiting around for, I left to head over to Deli's where she was bumming watching some Zaboomafoo.

"Really?" I laughed

"What, it's a classic, you're lucky I didn't turn to Cyberchase" she laughed

"Well don't just sit there, scooch" I said squeezing onto the couch

"You're not even that big you do not need that much space" she scolded. It was true, I may be a small person but I did love my personal space.

We stayed there for a couple of hours before I got a call from Lolly.

"They kicked me out" she said through sobs

"What?!" I said excusing myself from the room.

"They told me I had to get an abortion and I told them in not so many words that they could shove it because there was no way that was happening and they kicked me out."

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry" I said pacing the floor of the guestroom.

"How did this happen to me?" she asked, I assumed hypothetically but in order to break the tension I said

"Well, did you use protection?"

"Of course Al, this isn't my first time at the rodeo"

"I hate this. I wish there was something I could do."

"I know I know, this just got all too real too quick" she said frustration in her voice

"Have you told Michael yet?" I said

"No, I plan to....eventually" she said nervously

"Lolly, you can't run forever" I told her, I hated all this tension but it was true, she had to tell Michael sooner rather than later with their tour coming up.