Chapter 17: Change Your Ticket

A.N: This is a very short chapter and I apologize for that

I spent the week before the tour packing and moving my stuff out of my parents place. I still kept some things at Deli's but hardly spent anytime there once I got settled into the boys' house with being attached to the game room and avoiding feeling like a third wheel whenever Cal came over to Deli's which was quite often now. The last thing I had to pick up from my parents house was my drum kit, which Ashton came to help me disassemble. Being, for lack of a better term, emancipated, I didn't give two craps whether or not they knew about Ashton and I.

I strolled into my room tools in hand breezing past my sister who was home for lunch.

"Right through here" I said leading Ashton to my old room

Working together we took it down in no time and before you know it we were loaded up all I had to do was bring out the last symbol, all the while my sister was shouting her typical speech of how I'm the biggest mistake of life and will never amount to anything.

Although I was bigger than petty words, having heard it practically all of my life it starts to get on a nerve or two. But being as passive as I was, and avoiding confrontation at all cost I kept those feelings to myself.

All those emotions I kept stuffed inside me came rushing back at once, rage filled tears threatened to fall as they burned my retinas. I'd had enough of her and her nonsense so I took the symbol in my right hand and decked her right on the jaw with my left, once again injuring my hand, but this time I felt something crack.

"OUCH!" I screamed as the symbol slipped out of my hand and fell to the floor. Ashton came into the room, picked up the symbol and said

"What happened?"

"She punched me!" Layla said grabbing her jaw, wiping just a little bit of blood from her lip. "You think you're so big and bad now huh? Because your little boyfriend is here...." she started

"Let's just go" I said pushing past Ashton gripping my hand.

After much protest, Ashton finally convinced me to go to the doctor to check out my hand, and not a minute too late. Due to the prior injuries the punch caused a hairline fracture to form in my wrist joint, I was stuck in a cast for the remainder of the week, then put on a brace for who knows how long.

I was elated that now I could finally do things on my own. I wasn't used to having people wait on me given the fact my family treated me like their own personal butler. I had to admit it was nice to finally relax and let go in what seemed like forever, but now I had some cleaning to do.

I put my headphones on dancing around to some Pink and Panic! at the Disco as I swept up the kitchen. I was in full air band mode when 'So What' came on, air guitar-ing well at least as much as I could when the brace wasn't in the way. I was so lost I didn't hear when Ashton said

"What are you doing?" it wasn't until he wrapped his arm around my shoulder when I realized.

"Oh gosh you scared me" I said clutching my chest jokingly

"Aren't you supposed to be resting?"

"Well floors don't sweep their selves, and this is my house now too and with you guys rarely home with tour stuff going on...."

"But nothing, get yourself back to bed young lady" he said taking the broomstick microphone from me

"But...the crowd wants an encore" I joked making Ashton laugh

"Do you want to play the guitar again or not?" Ashton said sternly

"Fine" I pouted "But I won't like it" I protested

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" he said kissing me then pushing toward our now shared bedroom

I did as Ashton said and got my rest. Although the doctor said I could do things for myself now Ashton refused to let me do any strenuous activity. Other than the bare necessities I was not allowed to move. We still managed to be our dorky selves along with the rest of the group making the most of our little time we had left with each other before we had to part ways. We kept smiles on our faces, but that all changed the morning of their concert.

"I wish it didn't have to end" Calum said on the ride to the Vegas venue

"Why can't we just change your tickets" Deli joked

"I wish, but we have a job to do and we don't want to let the fam down" Luke said

I have no idea why but that ride went a little too fast my liking. We pulled around back at the hotel the boys would be staying in for their two night show. The girls and I went into total stealth mode as to avoid any media, we were not ready for the world to know of our relationships. The guys told us to dress as fans so as not to attract attention which we did while they set up. I wore my scribble tee, my yellow skinnies, my black converse, and of course one of my trademark snapbacks.

It was now time the show.

Even though I was Ashton's girlfriend, I was in full fan girl mode that night. It was so amazing to be able to go through sound check, I'd never even got a meet and greet before this. Once we were let in, Lolly, Beckie, Deli and I headed to our seats which were quite fabulous, just about front row. I pulled my hat low to avoid the sun in my eyes as I waited for the boys to reappear on stage. It was maybe fifteen minutes before Luke led the way and the concert began.