Chapter 8: Good Girls(Innocence)

Now I was in deep. I refused to allow myself to fall for Ashton but as much as logic tried to tell me otherwise, I was a sucker. He definitely had the voodo on me, and it's not like I could avoid him, I had no reason to. What's worse is he was too sweet to me. Why, why couldn't he be a jerk like the last guy I 'fell' for. Luckily the boys took some guy time so I stopped by to visit with Andy, who I'd barely managed to get a text message out of this summer.

"So where have you been hiding?" I asked taking a seat on his living room lounge.

"This summer work, is kicking my butt" he groaned. I laughed

"Well nobody told you to take the hardest classes they offered" As smart as he is, I advised against his taking the harder courses knowing it would come back to bite him later, and I was right.

"You were right" He said throwing his hands up in defeat. "So what's been up with you, I call your place and they say you're gone?"

I contemplated whether or not to tell Andy all that's transpired this summer but he's my best friend and best friends don't keep secrets and I knew he wouldn't tell anyone.

"So get this, remember the band I told you about"

"Yeah, 5 Seconds of Summer right?" I nodded

"Remember when you came down to the forum to film us doing Voodoo Doll, well the boys were there...." I continued

"That's cool, did they like the cover?" he asked

"Yeah but it gets better, I bumped into the drummer down at The Pier and well long story short we've been hanging with the band all summer" I said with an excited tone "And they're like the best people ever" I gushed. Andy laughed "what's so funny?"

"You are such a fangirl" he laughed shaking his head.

Even though I prided myself on being a tomboy, I was still as weak for a hot guy with a guitar as the stiletto, too much makeup wearing girls that seemed to be the trend today.

"And you're just knowing this now?" I joked

"So what have you been doing with the band that has you unable to be at home?" he asked

"Well I mean we've really just been chilling ya know pizza, video games, even hit the gym with them a few times." I replied

"Finally getting those noodle arms whipped into shape" he joked

"Why does everybody say that" I laughed "It's good to see you man"

"Likewise Allie" he said pulling me into a hug

"You better call me bro" I said buried in his chest

"Wouldn't dream of not calling" he replied releasing me "Well I better get back to this torture" he groaned

"Alright I'll catch you later" I said showing myself the door.

I went back over to Deli's to refill my overnight bag and straighten up the guestroom I had taken over. I kept most of my band tees hung in the closet, along with a few pairs of jeans, a couple sets of sneakers, and I kept my undergarments in the bedside stand.

It didn't take long before everything was in tip-top shape. I took a quick shower, when I got out my phone was ringing. It was Mike offering a Halo session.

"I'll be over in...fifteen" I said ending the call, grabbing a long-sleeved tee, a pair of blue jeans, and my old-school converse.

**

"Hey" I waved as Michael led me to the game room "Where's the rest of the gang?" I asked

"Ash and Luke are at the gym and Cal is in the shower" he said starting the game