Chapter One

Merlin's POV

I sat down at the table with Vern next to me, Gaius opposite us. We share our favorite breakfast together.

Berries, bread and ham. I eat most of the berries while Gaius and Vern enjoyed most of the bread and ham.

"Thanks again Gaius," smiles Vern.

"Your welcome," he beams back at him.

I look at Vern and smile. It had not been easy when I first met him but it feels normal, it feels right having Vern beside me. I get to finally really understand what it is like to have a brother, twin in fact and it feels really good. I am happy he is in our lives now.

I stand up knowing I will be late to wake Arthur up if I did not leave now. Vern rose to his feet as I smiled at Gaius. "I will see you later on," I say as I head towards the door Vern following close behind me.

"Hey brother you want me to come?" he asked as we head out into the corridor.

"I think Arthur may abject," I joke and he frowns at me.

"I am kidding, Vern. It be really nice if you did. We do need to get you a job of some sort though. Can not hang around Arthur and I forever. I would love you too but I think Arthur would agree its not appropriate," I tell him.

"I know, I just not sure what I be good at. All I am use to his stealing or being horrible. I want to be nice and help people. I have really come to care for you, Arthur and Gaius and Camelot. I do not know where I be with out you all. What do you think I be good at?" he asks me as we draw near to Arthur's chambers.

"I am not sure. I never seen you do anything. I have come to know you more...maybe you be good serving but not Arthur," I smile to him.

"Maybe you are right," he says tapping me on the shoulder.

We arrive outside Arthur's chambers. I open the door and step into the darkened room with Vern behind me.

"Go fetch Arthur's breakfast," I tell Vern.

"Good idea," he smiled as he left and headed towards the kitchen's.

I go over to Arthur's curtains and yank them open pouring in the morning sun shine half blinding myself.

Arthur groans in his sleep. "It is time to wake up!" I say as I go over to him but he chucked his covers over his head ignoring me.

"Rise and shine Arthur!" I bellowed this time.

He chucked his covers off his head and glared at me. "You being serious?" he asks.

"Come on Arthur you have a lot to do today," I inform him glaring back at him.

I step back as he dragged himself out his bed looking still half asleep. I quickly fetch him his clean clothes. "Do you need me to help you dress this morning?" I ask him.

He looked at me and smiled, "I will be fine," he said as I pass him his clothes and he goes behind the screen to get changed.

"Where is my breakfast?" Arthur suddenly asks a few minutes later after finishing getting dressed.

"Here it is sire," said Vern coming into the room and placing it down at the table for Arthur to eat.

Arthur looked from Vern to I and smirked before he sat down and began to eat his food in silence.

Vern and I looked at each other and smiled gently. I can not begin to imagine how weird it must feel seeing two of us. He was so use to it just being me.