Chapter Four

Merlin's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, trying to figure out my surroundings. For a moment I couldn't quite see anything, like my eyes were being blocked by something.

Suddenly light filled the room from a crack in a wall bringing in what seemed like the morning sunlight. Had I been out all day and night?

I must have been. I am in some sort of brick laid out room, its small, it smells of rotten fruit and my wrists are tied to the wall. I could easily escape the chains, Morgana wouldn't of enchanted them to stop magic, she still believes I have no magic.

I move slowly and as I'm about to say a spell the only door into this small room is unlocked and opened up to reveal Morgause. She smirks over at me, with a certain smile I knew I just didn't like.

"Do you think I am stupid Merlin? Morgana still doesn't know but I do. I know you have magic," she smirks right at me.

I thought she may have knew but all possibilities of her knowing thought went out the window once I found out Morgana still has no clue, why would she keep something this big from Morgana? What are her intentions?

"You keep quiet and I will do the talking," she smiles as she kneels down in front of me, "Why would you continue to stand  by Arthur if you have magic? I do not quite get it? Morgana would not get it too but yet I have kept your secret Merlin and you owe me big time," she smirks.

"Why do you keep it a secret from Morgana? Why does that help you?"

"It does not help me, Merlin but yet I think it destroy her if yet another one of us still stands by a man who have us killed. I'm waiting for an explanation," she demands.

"You or Morgana will never understand. I believe in what Arthur will do, I told you this before."

"No...its more."

"I will not explain myself to you."

"What is to really hide Merlin? Come on," she sneers.

"I will not tell you."

"Where is Emrys?"

I look at her and sigh, "You can continue to beg me and I will not tell you," I snap.

"I have your secret in my bare hands. You tell me now or Merlin I will tell Morgana and she will either kill you or tell Arthur and get him to kill you. I'm sure of that."

I shake my head. She is giving me an impossible decision but yet I know I will have to make it.

"Emrys is a lot closer then you would think," I whisper.

"Really?" she smirks.

"Yeah, well in fact I don't just know who Emrys is...I am Emry's," I finally say.

Her mouth falls open..."That makes a lot of sense indeed. How have you managed to be able to keep this all a secret for so long?"

"I've had too. No choice. Arthur is my destiny and I will protect him until I die," I say before I shout a spell and the chains fall off and I shout a spell at Morgause who goes flying back and smacking against the wall.

I leave her unconscious on the floor and sprint through the long tight corridor and found an exit through an abandoned part of the building that had a broken door.

I find a forest and start to run through them, each tree the same as the next but yet I already felt strange, I already felt sick. Like maybe they had done something to me but I could not be sure.

I walked through trees and more trees until I walked straight into someone...Vern. He brought me into a huge embrace.

"Merlin I am so happy to see you are safe," he said pulling away.

"Just about," I breathe slowly.

"What happened?"

"Morgana and Morgause," I whisper.

"You being serious you haven't seen them in a long time. Now of all times...how you get away?"

"My magic but Morgause knows and she will tell Morgana that I have magic and I am  Emrys. It will only be a matter of time until she will try take me down and what better then telling Arthur," I whisper to him.

Vern gives me another hug, "You be okay. We both will. I have your back and you have mine. You have me now, I'll be your surprise attack and about Arthur...I am sure he would understand in time."

"I hope you are right about that," I sigh.

"Where the heck have you been!" Arthur voices blares from behind us the knights following behind.

"Morgana and Morgause," I whisper.

"What did they want?"

"Information..." I trail off.

"Vern what are you doing here?"

"I came to save my brother...I have a weird feeling."

"Twins normally can tell if the other is in danger or distress," says Lancelot from behind him.

"Interesting, at least you are both safe. Let's return to Camelot."

We all agree and head back to where they had left the horses and we rode back to Camelot in silence. Until Arthur began to ask me questions about exactly what happened and I let him know the important bits of it, not about my magic or being a warlock and I added in Vern had helped me escape.

He listened carefully and nodded. "So they are both still alive and ready to make themselves known again. We will just have to be more ready and careful from now on."

We kept silent for the rest of the way back to Camelot. I just kept thinking over and over inside my head that something just did not feel right and I think Vern began to pick up on that.