Chapter Three

Merlin's POV

I did not get time to let Vern know about what happened with the man that had threatened me, as in him as Vern would not finish till late.

We are currently just leaving Camelot for the hunting trip Arthur is very much looking forward too even if he did not really want me here.

Yet he had no chance of leaving me behind, it just wouldn't of happened. The guests are currently with Uther for the rest of the day and would leave tomorrow. We would most likely return long after they leave.

Arthur felt quite happy about that. I did not blame him. I do not always feel comfortable for guests to be in Camelot because guests normally cause trouble and bring trouble to Camelot and we do not need anymore of that. We get plenty enough as it is.

I led the back of the hunt on my horse, even if Arthur is up the front I can still see him from back here however Arthur didn't seem to like this because he began to slow down and ended up at the back with me.

"Arthur what are you doing?" I ask him.

"Letting Gwaine lead the way," he said.

"Is that such a good idea?" I ask him.

"I have to give him a chance. He is good at hunting and besides he seems sober today," Arthur smiles right at me.

"If you believe that is the right choice, but really Arthur why are you back here?"

"I need to keep an eye on you."

"Thought you said you don't have time for that," I smirk right at him.

"I do when it comes to a friend," he managed to say.

I didn't say much after that I let him ride beside me and I kept my guard up as we continued to travel through the woods.

Finally Gwaine stopped us all riding and climbed off his horse. "This is a good place," he finally says.

"I agree," said Arthur beside me as he climbed off his own horse.

I descend from my horse and stroke it to keep her calm. I then start to help make sure everyone has the right weapon they like to use for hunting before I held onto one crossbow not in use, deciding to keep it in my hand encase its needed.

I follow the knights and Arthur through the trees in search of an animal. I have never cared much for hunting, mostly because I hate killing animals but if we didn't we wouldn't be able to eat. I could live of fruits and bread but people like Arthur would never be able to go long with out meat.

We are all different, it be boring if we were all the same. "Up ahead," says Gwaine quietly.

I stand back near a tree waiting for them to kill the animal, I did not really want to watch. It's not the best thing I have seen happening before and I prefer to look away.

I look over to our left just about catching a glimpse of a figure shifting behind a tree as it spotted my gaze.

Arthur and the knights are already quite far in front of me, I should catch them up but yet if I did not check out who that is we may all be in danger. I held the crossbow up and head towards the tree it had decided to hide behind.

The figure came out before I reached it and the smirk that I found glaring at me, I couldn't help but not find myself surprised to see who it is.

Morgana.

"What do you want?" I ask raising the crossbow towards her.

"What I have always wanted, Merlin. Magic to be accepted but yet I never seem to be able to do that can I? I blame you for my failures. You stopped me and my sister. Morgause could of died because of you," she sneers at me.

"I did not intend to kill anyone but you continue to give me no choice. You continue to go against Camelot. I need to keep Arthur safe," I tell her.

"Why you slave over a man who can never understand anything!" she screams.

"Your wrong. He just needs time, Morgana. Please," I beg her.

"What do you know! What do you know about having magic. Gaius was the one to nearly kill my sister but he only did that to protect you!"

"You don't know me Morgana. You never really did. What are you doing here?" I demand.

"I need information, about Emrys."

"Why would I provide you anything. I know your intentions," I tell her starting to worry about what she plans to do.

Morgana whispers a spell and before I knew what she had done I felt myself falling a sleep. "No," I say as I fall to my knees.

"You forget one thing, Merlin. I have magic you do not."

I felt my eyes slipping closed and before I could say anything back I felt myself drift off to sleep unable to do anything and fear of what I would wake up to.

Vern's POV

I knew something was wrong. I could feel it within me, something twinging. The feeling I use to get a lot growing up but now only know what it really is.

Merlin is in trouble.

"I have to go," I call to the cook before I sprint from the kitchens and all the way towards Gaius's chamber and I did not stop until I got there.

I burst into the room to find Gaius in the middle of making some sort of potion, like he always seems to be doing. I wonder if he ever gets bored? Wait no time to be thinking that.

"Gaius I need some food, a bag and some medical supplies quickly," I tell him.

"What is going on Vern? Why would you need such things? You do not plan on leaving?"

"I have to go but I will be back. Merlin he is in danger," I tell him as I search the place for some sort of bag to carry the stuff in.

Gaius did not ask how I would know that but instead pulled a bag out from a near by cupboard and chucked in bandages, some remedies and herbs before he put some fruit and bread into the bag and handed it to me

"You best be on your way. Be careful and bring them all home safely."

I nod to him before I leave Gaius's chambers and head straight towards the exit of the castle hoping I would make it on time to ensure everyone's safety.