No.2

Gianna's P.O.V

Pulling up to school, my eyes filled with tears, I see my best friend Tara walking on the sidewalk. She instantly spotted my car and rushed to it. I get out my car, not feeling very talkative. Knowing Tara wouldn't just let me be, I get out my car and lock it shut before walking up to her. I stuffed my keys into my book bag.

"Hey", she greeted me. "Hey", I smiled dryly. "What's wrong? Have you been cryin?" "No", I lied. I started walking towards the entrance to the school, but Tara pulled my book bag back, making my back bend a little. "Ouch Tara!" "Look, I know when somethin is wrong with you, you know you can't lie to me". I looked at her for a second, then at the ground, feeling my tears coming back.

"Gia, what's wrong?" "M-my mom's new boyfriend asked her to marry him last night, and now his sons have to move in with us...", I whimpered as I fiddled with my fingers, looking down at the ground. "You're mom's getting married!", she screamed more out of excitement than a question. "Oh my god! That's great! Why are you so mad?" "Hello! Did you not here me T? His SONS have to move in with us! This is bullshit!" I screamed throwing my hands up, turning around to walk back to my destination.

As I walk into the school, I can hear Tara giving me an ear full about how I shouldn't be angry at my mom. How should she know? She has BOTH of her parents, I don't. My dad died in the military 2 years ago. Tara doesn't know what it's like to not have a dad because hers is always there for her. It's hard to except the fact that I'm gonna have a stepdad. Especially one that already has kids. I mean, I can definitely do without the two new editions... 5 people in the house... ughh! Now I know why mom bought our house with 4 bedrooms. She bought the house a year ago, which means she had to have been talking to Joe for more than just 7 months, she just didn't tell me.

I get closer to my locker, only to see someone blocking it from my entrance. "Umm.. excuse me! Can you move", I semi yelled, irritated at this point. A tall brown skinned boy turned around with a wide smile on his face. "Ughh, it's just you", I grunted as I pushed him out of the way. "Don't act like you don't miss me", he spoke. "Oh whatever!", I joked. I open my locker to get my text books and throw my book bag in there, when I close it, I see his face leaned up against the locker next to mines.

"Why do you have to be so annoying?" "Because we're gonna be family soon", he grinned. "So...", I scrunched my face and lifted my eyebrows. "So... I'm trying to be the annoying brother and your gonna be the annoying little sister I never wanted". I tuned my face up and let out a little snicker of laughter. "Larry, just because we're gonna be family, doesn't mean we have to talk.. ok". "Oh come on Gia..." I cut him off, "Don't call me Gia. You call me Gianna", I said pointing my finger at his chest. "But everybody else calls you that", he explained, slightly confused. "But you haven't known me long enough to call me that...", I was cut off by the bell ringing, signaling that it was first period.

"I gotta get to class, but I'll see you after right?", he asked me with the most pervert-ish grin on his face. "Eeew! Larry!", I whined. All he did was laugh and playfully hit my arm. As I start to smile, I see Tara walking into class. She looked back at me, gesturing her hands for me to come to her. "Later Larry", I smiled. "Later Gia" he said with a smile. "Didn't I tell you not to call me that!" He stopped walking and stepped in front of me. "Larry what are you...", I was cut off by him pecking my cheek with his lips. They were so soft and baby like. "Later Gia", he said softly, again. He then began walking towards his brother who was signaling him to come to class. I stood there holding my check in shock. Did he really just do that? A small smile spread across my face as I began walking to my first period class.

*skips first period*

Thank God first period is over. I get so tired listening to Mr.Schnotgrass, or as I like to call him, Snotgrass, talk about nothing but history. I get it, it is history class, but he can at least make it enjoyable. Almost everyone falls asleep 15 minutes into the class.