19: For luck

€: MJ's POV €:
Friday, November 14th
3:00 pm

The week went by surprisingly quick. It was the weekend of Homecoming, which this weekend was for junior's and seniors. I had told Harry that I wanted to go with my girls to the dance and he was okay with that. He said he would go with a group of his friends as well after he asked me.

I appreciated how calm and understanding he was with everything going on. We were in a relationship, but it wasn't much. I was still nervous over what happened the last time with Arthur. I couldn't stand the thought of someone doing that to me again.

Harry and I have gone on some dates, marking the ice cream fiasco as the first, and after the barbecue cookout that Saturday we went to the movies as the last so far. We're really close and he's become a best friend and a boyfriend all in one.

The best part of everything occurring is how strong my friendships are. I think I can officially call Daniel my friend without being sarcastic now (though he irritates me a lot) and Carter and I are catching up with each other. Rachel is spending lots of her time with Brett, though that wasn't much of a surprise. Ally and Carmen seem to be getting along with the triplets, which is good for them.

The triplets. I haven't been spending as much time with them, though both my parents, especially my mother, have been urging me to do so. I really don't feel like adding three new people into my trust circle.

"You're coming to the game tonight, right?" Brett asked. Him and I were on a three-way call with Rachel.

I could hear her sigh through the phone. I really liked sports, but she didn't. She had no idea what was going on the majority of the time.

"Yeah, I'll be there." I say, walking around my room.

"I guess.. Only for you, babe." She said. I could tell she didn't want to go, but she didn't want to disappoint her boyfriend.

I "uggghhh" 'ed through the phone, pretending to be disgusted. I was actually smiling.

I could hear the door open from above and listened. I could hear Maddie and a male voice I did not recognize. Hm. I better go inspect.

"Oh, like you don't do that with Harry," Brett retorted.

"Yeah, yeah sure." I say distractedly. "I'll see you guys tonight; okay? I have to go."

I then hang up and jog up the stairs. I paused in the hallway as I saw my sister let go of an embrace she had with a fairly young teenager, that was indeed male.

He was a little taller than her, which meant he was about Simon's height. He wasn't terrible looking, I'll give the dude that. He had black hair and green eyes. It was startling once I realized he looked like Harry Person, my boyfriend, just younger and a little less attractive.

I decided I wanted to meet this person. I went into the kitchen and could hear the echoes of my feet as I then crossed back into the living room. Maddie looks slightly surprised and annoyed at the same time. I guess that sums up my sister.

The boy smiled friendly. "Hi, I'm Bryce. I'm uh.." He glanced at Maddie. "I was just leaving though."

I looked between the two, trying to figure out just how close they were. "I'm MJ," I say.