4: The deal is off if you fall in love

£: Danny's POV :£
Tuesday, October 21st
11:45 am

"You know what?" I say with a mischievous glint in my eyes, during the lunch period the next day.

"What?" Carter asked.

"I don't want to know." Brett said.

"He'll tell us anyways." Jacob mumbled.

"Guys, just shut up and listen. I have an idea."

"Then tell us." Jordan prompts.

"I am going to date the girl who Peri cheated on."

Jacob starts choking on his drink. "WHAT?"

"I said, I'm going to date MJ."

"And what makes you think that will happen?" Brett asks, surprised.

Jacob and Brett were already MJ's friends. How hard could it be? I think it'll be super easy. A broken hearted girl is vulnerable.

"Because my girl was fucking her boyfriend. She's pissed." I say slyly.

"Actually, Daniel, she's not pissed. Only us, MJ, and her friends know. Well, along with your girlfriend. Rachel told me they made up. Like MJ doesn't even care anymore what Arthur did." He replies sharply.

I glared at my friend. "Then we'll break them up. If I dump Jasmine, she'll go straight to Arthur. If he truly likes her and they aren't just effing buddies and actually have feelings to each other, then he'll break up with MJ for my current girlfriend."

"So you want to break up with Jasmine?" Carter says.

I shrug. "I don't feel a spark anymore."

I wouldn't admit it to my friends, but I was hurt about what Jasmine did. We had only been dating for six months but I actually had asked her out because I liked her, not because we are both popular. She'd been distant lately and haven't been acting like a couple. Now I know why.

"So what to do first..." I thought aloud. "A fight. They need to fight."

"Loose! Where are you going?" Brett had started to walk away.

"I'm not going to be involved in getting either of my groups of friends hurt. You're not thinking right, Danny."

"Brett, it makes total since! And I won't get hurt. Not this time." I shake my head, determined to fulfill the plan.

"And what about MJ? You guys barely know each other. If they do break up, she will be hurt. If you somehow get to date, how long will it last?"

"Until Jasmine and Arthur are jealous and they learn their lesson."

"And if Arthur wants to date her again, there's like a 99% chance she'll say yes and go back out with him." Jacob steps in.

"I'll make the 1% happen. MJ will want to stay in a relationship with me. What girl wouldn't fall in love with me?"

"So you're just going to string her along?" Jacob asks, unbelievably.

"Until Arthur and Jasmine want us back and we'll both say no." I repeat.

"And what if you fall in love with her?" Jordan asks.

"That won't happen." Carter said, watching me carefully.

"Course it won't." I agree. "We'll break up in a month or whenever it needs to happen."

"So you'd actually bet you could get MJ to date you just for revenge? Doesn't that seem a little selfish?" Brett inputs.