7: such a badass.

€: Maya's POV €:
Friday, October 24th
7:00 am - 12:35 pm

"Jake, what are you doing?" I shook my head in amusement as my best guy friend tried to play the guitar.

"I'm playing the guitar." He looked up at me, looking incredibly innocent.

"You mean failing." I correct then sit down next to him.

"Laugh all you want. I will perfect this." He promises.

"Good luck with that." I roll my eyes, smiling slightly.

"See! Haha, I made you smile."

"Whaddya mean?" My smile coincidentally disappeared.

"Geez, you're hard to impress." He mutters as I stand up, seeing something in the hallways.

"Hey Jacob," I said distractedly.

"Yeah?" My friend stopped strumming.

I paused. "Do you think I would actually be able to become popular?"

Jacob stood up, setting his guitar down, then walked up to me. "Maya, why are you so unsure? You're beautiful, and anyone who says otherwise is blind or jealous. You're one of the smartest girls I've ever met. You might think brown hair and green/brown eyes isn't attractive but it is. You're gorgeous, My." Jacob put a strand of hair behind my ear.

I was shocked and even that was an understatement. "Thanks, Jake."

He gave me the infamous cheeky grin again. Jacob opened his mouth to reply when the bell rang. Of course.

"I've got to get to homeroom. Keep practicing the guitar. And again, thanks." I gave him a warm smile before walking away, into the hall.

I heard him say something but it was jumbled in the talking crowds. It probably wasn't important, I told myself.

Jordan and the girls joined me in homeroom.

"Hey Jordan.." I heard Carmen talk, but I wasn't paying attention. I was texting the annoying Daniel Winters. Sure, he's definitely attractive. But that doesn't give him the right to be stuck-up and arrogant.

Daniel: so about the party tonight. you cant go alone.

Me: Why not?

Daniel: Because you're supposed to be popular.

At that point, I was ready to hurt him. If he wanted to say something, say it clearly!

Me: so what do you propose?

Daniel: find someone to ask you.

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Me: are you saying that it's difficult for someone to ask me out?

Daniel: im saying it shouldn't be too difficult.

"Who are you texting?" Ally asked.

"Daniel or Jacob?" Rachel grinned.

"Isn't that the question?" Ally muttered, staring at her notebook, a certain look I couldn't read displayed across Ally's face.

"I need to finish homework." Carmen said quietly, looking between Ally and me.

I didn't know what was going on but felt I shouldn't ask. "I'm not dating Daniel or Jacob. So calm down."

I let my friends talk as I just read. I was so much calmer when I read. I was just getting so overwhelmed lately.

When the bell rang, I went straight to first period without stopping. Science had never been an easy subject to pass for me, but once I figured something out, I knew how to do it.