01

I set a mouse trap on the floor, which was lined up with the other mouse traps. I let out a gasp when someone opens the door and steps on one of the traps, causing most of them to snap.

The lights turn and all of our heads snap to the person who stepped on the traps. "Oh, come on! Seriously?!" Caroline yells at Matt. "Do you know how long it took for us to set this up?!" she scoffs, crossing her arms.

My lips turn into a flat line, crossing my arms in the process. "Who's us? I did most of it." I give my blonde friend a look, and she half-heartedly smiles. "I did... some."

Tyler looks at Matt, who was still standing by the door, "Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler grins and Matt laughs. "Clearly."

"How could you forget?" Caroline frowns, "We've only been waiting for this since like freshmen year."

"Yeah Matt, If I'm doing this. You're doing this." my twin sister, Elena responds.

"I'm kinda surprised any of you are doing this." Matt raises an eyebrow. "Caroline is making us." Bonnie chimes in and I nod, agreeing with her.

"We're about to be seniors," Caroline cuts in, "these are the memories that stay with us forever, and if we don't—"

"—and if we don't create these memories, what's the point of it all?" Elena joins in Caroline's speech she made up awhile ago.

"Go ahead, make fun. I don't care." Caroline rolls her eyes.

"I agree with Care. Memories are special." I chime in and she looks at me with her light-filled eyes, smiling widely. "See, this is why you're my favorite twin."

"Hey," Elena pouts and threw a pencil at Caroline's head, "I'll have you know that she wouldn't have came if I didn't drag her here."

Caroline purses her lips and narrows her eyes at me. "Seriously?"

"Way to throw me under the bus, Elena." I roll my eyes, "And I was planning on going."

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classes to prank." Tyler grabs his bag walks to the door, walking out.

Elena follows behind him. "Where are you going?" I question, stopping her with my voice.

She turns around to face us. "To superglue Alaric's desk shut." she answers before smirking. "I'm making memories."

"I love you!" Caroline yells after her and I watch my sister leaves the classroom. Caroline turns back to Bonnie and I. "Come on! These mouse traps aren't going to fix themselves." she retorts.

"Oh, do you hear that?" I ask and Caroline furrows her eyebrows. "Hear what?"

"Elena needs my help," I lie, wanting to leave this mouse trap mess. "I don't hear her and I'm the one with the vamp-hearing." Caroline replies and crosses her arms again.

"Exactly, Elena and I have this secret twin communication." I tell her and Bonnie rolls her eyes and starts to fix the traps.

"Whatever," Caroline scoffs and turns around, "go."

An innocent smile forms on my lips as I wave them goodbye before chasing after my sister. "Elena!" I call out, running up to her. "If I had to do those mousetraps again—"

"There's my girl!"

"Klaus," Elena gasps as she stares at the man in front of her. I take in a sharp breath, not expecting him to show up at this very moment. I started to feel nervous, my palms becoming sweaty.

I never met Klaus, and now I have. The only reason I haven't seen him person was because both Salvatore brothers wanted to protect me, which was complete bullshit.