23

I cross my arms and look out the window. I was quite angry when I found out Klaus let a newbie vampire out on the loose. Not to forget to mention that he just turned more and now they're laying dead on the tables. It was too late to stop him from transitioning these humans.

"I was beginning to worry you boys wouldn't find the place." I hear Klaus' voice as Matt, Jeremy, and Damon walk inside.

"What the hell...?" Jeremy looks around the room. "Did you kill all these people?" Matt asks and Klaus shakes his head, "Not exactly. They're in transition." He turns to Jeremy, "Killing them is your job."

"You said you were going to convince Klaus to do this another way!" Jeremy looks at Damon. "Well, I thought about it, and then I realized his idea was better." Damon responds with a glare.

"How could you let this happen, Maya?!" Jeremy yells at me and I turn my head away from the window. "Don't blame your sister. Actually, she's not quite fond of the plan." Klaus answers for me and I roll my eyes.

"Well, then maybe you should listen to her." Jeremy snaps and Damon stops him, "Stop, you don't want to anger the hybrid. Just stick with the plan."

"No way. I'm not doing this." Jeremy shakes his hand and I walk over to them. "What makes you think you have a choice?" Klaus asks him.

"You have to kill vampires to complete the hunter's mark. Mark equals cure. You're in a bar full of almost vampires, so get your hunt on." Damon tells him.

"Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill any innocent people." Jeremy looks at Damon, who breathes in. "Jeremy, they're not people."

"Enough! Have at it, or else." Klaus steps forward. "I don't take orders from you, dick." Jeremy drops a stake. "Hunters can't be compelled."

Klaus laughs and walks up to Jeremy, "You're right. I can't compel you. But if your conscience is getting in the way, then allow me to make this easy for you. Because, I can compel them."

I shiver and look around the room. The vampires are in transition and a few compelled humans are feeding them their blood.

"I'm gonna give you a two-minute head start. Then I'm gonna send every vampire in here after you. You kill them, or they kill your friend...Matt."

"Wait a second!" Matt yells and I look at Klaus. "Stop don't do this." He ignored me and I exhale a sharp breathe. I had a reason to be mad at him and now he's being stubborn.

"No, no. You turn them, he kills them. That was the deal, Klaus." Damon states and Klaus puts on his infamous smirk. "I'm taking artistic license."

"You know he can't take them all on at the same time." Damon says and I nod, finally looking at Klaus. "With you as his coach, he'll be fine. It's Matt I'm worried about." Klaus responds while raising his eyebrows.

"Ah...Jeremy, go get the weapons out of the car. I'll be right behind you." Jeremy runs out of the bar. "Both of you." Damon tells Matt, who soon follows.

Klaus shouts after both Jeremy and Matt. "If I hear an engine start, I'll kill Matt myself!"

"Where do you think you are going?" Klaus stops me with his hand. "To help my brother, let go of me."

"Maya, you can't be that mad at me." He lets go of me. I turn to face him, "Yes I can and I will. He's not ready and now I have to go help him."