11

"Found him." A smile appears on my face as I look at my brother from afar, currently swinging his bat.

Klaus has found Jeremy's location and his safety means so much to me that I was the first to suggest bringing him back home where we can protect him.

Elena and Damon accompanied me on the ride over to Jeremy's location. Not that I didn't mind, but their constant bickering made me want to jump out of the plane.

Alaric's alter ego came back and hid a white oak stake that we desperately needed to hand back to the original siblings. So, as if now, Alaric is locked away in a cell to prevent any occurrences that may happen while we're away.

We sit on a bench behind a fence at the batting case, watching as my brother fails to hit another ball. "Next time we compel him, remind me to make him better at baseball." Damon says and I laugh.

Elena makes her way over to the cage, "Hey Jer!" she shouts to get his attention. He turns around at the sound of his name and breaks into a smile. "Elena? Maya?"

The four of us walk out of the batting cages as Damon explains to Jeremy about our inconveniences we've been through during his absence.

"Katherine sired us, Rose sired Katherine, all we need to do is find out who sired Rose." Damon tells him and Jeremy gives him a look.

"So, you traveled across the country to get me to talk to a dead vampire?" Jeremy questions while he puts away his bat and gear into his locker.

"Dead vampire is redundant, but yes." Damon answers. "Well, I can't. I could talk to Anna and Vicki because I knew them. I've never even met Rose." Jeremy says and I cross my arms, trying to come up with an idea to work around that issue.

"What good is you dying and coming back to life if you can't talk to a ghost when I need you to?" Damon asks sarcastically.

"Rose spent a long time running from Klaus as well. She and Damon were close, so maybe we can use him as a connection." Elena suggests and I nod, silently thanking her for that good idea.

"Fine, fine, but can we do this later? My friend just got here and yes, Damon, I actually have some. I'll call you when I'm done."

Jeremy walks over to me and gives me a quick goodbye and a hug. I squeeze tightly before letting him go. When my brother gets out of my view, I spot one person and my blood grows cold.

"Kol?" I ask in disbelief, my voice hoarse in shock. "Hey, man," Jeremy greets him and I feel Elena tug on my arm, pulling me back. "Damon, it's Kol!"

I watch as Kol hits Damon with a wooden baseball bat and upon impact, the bat breaks in half. Damon falls to the ground due to the unexpected hit. "Oh, my god." I gasp.

"What are you doing?!" Jeremy yells. "Jeremy, get back! He's an Original." Elena warns him and Jeremy looks up with surprised eyes. "What?"

"No hard feelings, mate. But we're not buds." Kol grabs an aluminum bat from the bat rack. I walk forward slowly and grab one of the broken half wooden bat.

"You know, I'll never get use to aluminum. But hey, at least it won't break." Kol swings it to hit Damon, but he catches it with ease.

I run from behind, adrenaline running through my veins as I shove the broken bat into the back of his skin. Kol turns around with red eyes and veins appearing beneath his eyes.

My back gets smacked against the lockers in seconds with Kol's hands wrapped around my neck. I struggle to catch a breath, trying to pry his fingers off.

"I was going to leave you alone, courtesy of my brother's annoying obsession with you. However, you hurt his feelings so I will gladly kill you as my gratitude."