Author's Note

This is my first time attempting a NaNoWriMo (seriously enough to have a plot before I start it, at least) and I hope you will bear with me as I fight to get my wordcount goals in. Total wordcount will be updated at end of each chapter.

DYER is set in the city of Durban, South Africa, at an arbitrary date in the near future. That being said, I will not specify political parties referred to as the 'government' and we shall assume that the ruling party is one that does not exist at the time of writing this.

Any resemblance, in name or appearance, is strictly coincidental and all characters are of my own creation bar those listed below.

A Few credits for character designs and cameos:

- Bryn and Andries - adopted from ECHOadoptables on deviantART - the deviation is in storage now and I don't have a picture on my computer that shows them very well anymore, but yes, they're adopted designs.

- Jex (c) SyphorLightning on deviantART (thanks for letting me borrow him, Mate!)

- Elizabeth Schneider is a cameo of 96Sorahime on deviantART. I made her older, though...

I hope that you enjoy DYER and hopefully find something meaningful to take out of it.

Please vote, comment and share! CHEESECAKE FOR ALL OF YOU~!