.:14:. A Plan

"I hope you don't have dog allergies." Dyver commented dryly. "Besides the Doc you're the only human in the house."

Tiaan watched the bright blue back of the Dyer wolf's head with narrowed eyes. He used to be taller than this guy. Lucky mutt.

"You stopped referring to yourselves as human?" Tiaan asked guardedly. "All the Dyers I know back in Pretoria are hanging onto the human title with everything they've got."

Dyver just shrugged. "The only thing about our DNA that's still human is the number of chromosomes and what a handful of the alleles code for. It's pretty safe to say that we can't be considered the same at all."

Opening the door, the Dyer stepped inside and held it open for Tiaan to enter, carrying his tog-bag of clothing with him. He heard voices down the hall from what he assumed was a common room.

Dyver locked the door behind them before leading the human towards the source of the sound.

"There's obviously got to be some sort of conscious action involved." a heavily accented woman's voice said.

"I mean, the biometrics from your chip are back to how they were before, so it's not a biological response." another woman said, this one much younger.

"I can't believe you don't remember how to do it." A male voice growled roughly. "Surely there has to be something!"

"I dunno, man!" A thick, Capetonian accent replied. "I just kinda felt it!"

Tiaan cautiously followed Dyver into the room and immediately tensed and lowered his stance at the sight of the massive Feral on the carpet.

There were five figures in the room beside the Feral, only one of whom was human. All eyes shot to the doorway as Tiaan and Dyver entered, and two of the canines' eyes widened in surprise at his appearance.

"Oh my gosh, Tiaan!?" The grey female burst, grinning from ear to canine ear.

"Yo, Tii!" A chocolate male exclaimed. "Long time no see!"

Tiaan blinked in astonishment. "Brian? Erika?! What on earth... What's that Feral doing here!?"

"I'm currently not Feral in the head, so please consider that I have a name, too." The quadrupedal canine said with a deflated expression. His eyes narrowed. "Dyver. What part of low-profile do completely fail to comprehend?"

"Pfft." Tiaan scoffed. "Low profile has never really been in this guy's vocabulary."

"Quoin, everyone, this is Tiaan Louw." Dyver explained in a clipped manner, introducing everyone in the room. "When I was younger this guy stopped me from turning into a hopeless hoodlum, so please don't eat him."

"Not funny, Dy." Tiaan said sarcastically in a sing-song voice.

"Agreed." Quion mumbled. "But history aside, Dyver, you should know better than to just bring whoever you like--"

"My mom went Feral." Tiaan interrupted sharply. "She was taken somewhere. I want in on getting the Ferals out of whatever hell-hole they've probably been shoved into and getting them their minds back."

Quion's eyes darted expectantly to Dyver.

"I didn't tell him anything except that turning Feral was reversible, that I know people who know things, and that it wasn't exactly something I could pull out of for obvious reasons. He figured the rest out on his own."

"Well until I can do what Jex did and go back to that anthropomorphic shape, we're pretty much buggered." Quion sighed.

Tiaan blinked in surprise. "You mean... Ferals can return to a humanoid form?"