.:10:. Designed

Divan looked at the piece of paper Glade gave him, his face deadpan.

"Not a chance in this or any other universe. No. Nada. NOT. HAPPENING."

"Come on, Dy, it's really not that -"

"When you expect me to dye my entire pelt blue to the nether regions, do not dare tell me that it is not that big a deal."

Glade heaved a massive sigh as Bryn and Jex started snickering behind her.

"Ooh, that looks cool!" The page was snatched from Divan's hands by a still hopelessly clueless Astiva. "Who is it?"

"That's what I plan to do with Dyver's pelt." Glade sighed, crossing her arms.

"I'm telling you now, NO!"

"Too late!" Glade snapped. "I already bought the dyes and slap me twice and throw me to Tahiti if you're going to waste the little pocket money I had on your pickiness!"

"But-!?"

"NO BUTS, DYVER!" Glade roared.

Divan shrunk back, gulping loudly. It had taken a long time, but finally Divan's wounds had closed up sufficiently for Glade to initiate the dying process. He was left with scars that trailed whitish pink lines through the fur on his arms and where the machete cut into his face, but Divan kind of liked them. The blueprint Glade had coloured in using matching colours to the dyes she bought left Divan skeptical, though. Not a single patch of white fur was left according to her plan.

"But... seriously, everywhere?"

Divan's helpless pleas left Bryn and Jex bawling with laughter.

"If you dye only parts of an even pelt, a good eye will be able to pick up colour differences between the various dyed hairs." Glade explained. "All you need is for one person to figure that you're solid white and then you can kiss your days as the canine cookie-monster goodbye. One reference that white was your original colour and you can completely write yourself off."

"But nobody's ever going to see the most of me!"

"Uh huh." Glade rolled her eyes. "You sure you wanna make that bet when you start modelling for Paws tomorrow? When it comes to models and stripping to the bare minimum, it's not only the girls that have to do it, you know?"

"I thought the idea was for pictures to show what the clothes looked like ON!?"

"Pfft. Someone clearly hasn't looked in a fashion magazine ever." Astiva grinned. "Designers are scandalous."

Divan made a note of that and decided to be conservative in every single design he would submit to Paws ever again. Not that that would stop other Paws designers or, more probably, fashion photographers, from deciding how any individual piece was to be worn.

"So I really have no say in this?" Divan winced.

"No, Dyver, you don't." Glade said with clipped words.

"Oof, harsh." Bryn winced with a wicked grin.

"You of all people should not be taking this lightly!" Divan growled, pointing accusingly to his brother. "How in the blazes are you okay with your girlfriend dying my fur where the sun doesn't shine!?"

Bryn immediately stopped laughing as the proverbial penny hit his mental concrete.

"Okay, that's not happening."

"THANK YOU!" Divan burst.

"Get your own girlfriend to do it." The corners of Bryn's mouth lifted evilly as he looked at Astiva.