Quick Summer

The days of summer flew by quickly as I again spent most of my summer trying to stay in contact with Harry, but the Dursley’s wouldn’t allow me in. I had even transformed into my cat form to try and sneak in many times. I had accomplished the task once but was unable to get to Harry as he was no longer being held captive in the cupboard under the stairs as I thought he would. I sent numerous letters to him but never received any word back. Ron and Hermione had sent me letters saying they were having the same problem and if nothing changed Ron was going to try and bust him out.

                I had talked to my dad about Harry staying with us but we had received a letter from Professor Dumbledore requesting that we not allow it. I am assuming he has a reason for wanting to keep Harry locked up like a prisoner but I cannot figure out what that reason would be. A few nights before term started, I heard a big crash down the street from us.

                I got up from bed and ran a few houses down to Harry’s house where I saw a flying car, dragging a chain attached to bars. “What in the world?” Then I saw two red heads jump from the car into the window. “Weasleys!” I ran up underneath the car and whispered, “Ron! RON!”

                Ron poked his head out of the driver’s side window, “Loretta, what are you doing here?” He asked trying to be quiet.

                “I live up the road from here, better question is what are you doing here at Harry’s? In a flying car no less.”

                “We are breaking him out and taking to our house. Wanna come? I am sure mum wouldn’t mind, besides Harry will probably want to talk to you anyway.” He asked as he threw down a rope for me to climb up.

                The twins had come back and Ron adjusted the car so they could load the trunk into the back. Fred or George looked out the window, “Hey look another stow-away. Nice pajamas.”

                Thankfully it was dark out and they couldn’t see me turn scarlet. Harry poked his head out and saw I was there, “Loretta? Was this your plan? This is crazy.”

                “Be quiet or you’ll get caught. I had nothing to do with this, I will send a letter with Butterbean in a few hours and I expect an explanation back!”

                Lights appeared from behind Harry and the twins as they were jumping into the car, and though it was indistinguishable to me I could tell it was Mr. Dursley yelling. There was a quick struggle as the twins tried to pull Harry into the car, and the Dursley’s were pulling to keep him in the house. Ron was finally able to pull away with Harry safe inside, as Mr. Dursley came tumbling out of the window. Watching the boys fly overhead and off into the distance, I ran back home and began writing to Harry and Mrs. Weasley.

                After writing a pleading letter to Mrs. Weasley, and one to Harry demanding to know why he hadn’t answered my letters, I waited until daybreak to go downstairs to work on a plan to butter up my parents to let my stay with the Weasleys for the last two nights before term started at school. I made a special breakfast for them consisting of spicy Italian sausage for mum, dad’s freshly squeezed orange juice and a big thing of scrambled eggs. “A little breakfast in bed and they will be putty in my hands.” I smiled to myself as I carried their trays upstairs. I knocked on their door, “Mum? Dad? I come bearing breakfast.” I called through the door.

                Hearing them shuffle around, I opened the door and walked in. “Good morning Sunshine, you are up early.” Mum said as she was stretching her arms.

                “Don’t fall for it Minerva-Jean, she is up to something; she made me fresh orange juice. Does this having anything to do with a loud boom this morning?” He said as he took the tray away from me and set it on the bed between him and mum.