Blackouts and Broken Arms

“Loretta…Loretta!” I heard someone calling my name but I couldn’t place the voice to anyone. I felt groggy, and weary but I seemed to be laying down so I must be asleep. I try to open my eyes but it takes forever, they feel so heavy.

                “Whass going on?” I said groggy and slurring my words together. I feel horrible but at least my eyes are open and I look up at the ceiling to notice it is not the same one in the girl’s dormitory. I slowly try to sit up to look around but I was surrounded by white curtains on either side.

                “Hey she’s awake!” I heard a voice just as I notice a patch of red hair dart out of sight. Why am I here? Which Weasley was that?

                Soon Madam Pomfrey was at the end of my bed with a stunned look on her face and was quickly followed in by Hermione, Harry and Fred.

                “What’s going on? Why am I here and where is Ron?” I asked looking around at everyone getting a little worried from the looks on their faces.

                “Remain calm Miss Saint. How are you feeling?” Madam Pomfrey asked as she came closer and felt me for a fever. Satisfied I did not have one she started checking my pulse.

                “I feel tired but otherwise fine. What happened? Why am I in here? And where is Ron? Not that I am not happy to see you Fred.”

                “You were found in the library, seemingly petrified after being missing for three days.” Hermione said as she came closer and took my hand. “What is the last thing you remember?”

                “So it happened again? I passed out or zoned out, whatever you want to call it for days at a time, great. Last thing I remember is…the dueling club, I was paired with Cho Chang. I don’t remember anything else.”

                “That was the last time we seen her, Madam Pomfrey.” Harry spoke up still at the foot of my bed, next to Fred.

                “I would like to keep you here over night just as a precaution and then you will be free to go. You three may stay for a few more minutes but then you must leave.” She said as she inched her way out of the room.

                Once she was gone Harry and Fred were able to come closer, Harry sat on the edge of the bed opposite Hermione and Fred took a chair next to me so he could hold my hand, “Are you sure you are ok?”

                “I’m fine Fred, this happened twice last year I just zone out for a little while but then I come back.” I smiled at him and gave his hand a little squeeze before turning to the others, “What has happened since I have been out of it?”

                “What all do you remember about the dueling club? Do you remember why you were in the library?” Hermione asked.

                “I remember Harry talking to a snake, but after that it is black. I was talking with Cho, about something before I noticed the snake. I do not know why I was at the library.” I said taking my hand from hers and rubbing my forehead trying to remember more but couldn’t.

                “Cho said you ran right out right after we did but you didn’t follow us. Madam Pince, said you came to the library asking for books on snakes. She pointed you in the right direction but noticed you never left for three days. When she went to check on you, you mumbled ‘Tell Snape.” And then passed out. Pince called Snape, but they couldn’t rouse you so they brought you here. That was yesterday.” Hermione explained.