Summer Hospital Care

“What do we do now” Ron asked once we landed firmly in the bathroom.

“We need to go to Dumbledore and tell him what happened.” Harry said looking at the sink while it slid back into place.

“Harry, what happened?” I asked glancing around at the bathroom. “Last thing I remember Tom, had knocked my wand out of my hand then everything went blank.”

“It’s ok everything is fine now. Does anyone know how to get to Dumbledore’s office?” Harry looked around at all of us as we shook our heads no and Lockhart was too far gone to care what we were talking about.

“Is that Dumbledore’s bird? He can show us the way.” I said noticing Fawkes still floating near my shoulder.

Fawkes gave a short nod and started to fly out of the room. We quickly followed him down the corridors and around corners until we were in front of a gargoyle statue but not knowing the password, we were stumped as to how to get in. As if knowing we needed in, the Gargoyle sprang to the left and a moving spiral staircase appeared out of the floor like a screw being unscrewed. We went forward and climbed to the first couple of stairs, waiting for it to stop at his door.

We knocked on the door and waited to be allowed entrance. We heard Dumbledore call for us to enter and we were surrounded by an office full of people. All at once we were bombarded by red hair mixed with black. The whole Weasley family were here hugging us and my parents were also in the midst hugging us.

Finally we were able to breathe, once everyone had been hugged at least three times. Dumbledore addressed us, “I’m glad you are all right, care to explain what happened down there or how you found the opening to the Chamber?”

Harry started recounting the story from the beginning, how a house elf appeared in his bedroom, getting a letter from the Ministry of Magic about use of magic outside of school even though it was the elf who did it just before he disappeared. Then Ron chimed in with how they couldn’t gain entry to Platform 9 ¾ which is why they had to fly the car in. Harry confessed to hearing voices which turned out to be the basilisk, and we later found out he was a Parselmouth at the dueling club. Harry described how he found the diary in a corridor after someone dropped it. He explained that when he started writing in it, it started writing back. The diary explained that Tom Riddle had captured the man who opened the Chamber 50 years before, “only he had pointed the finger at Hagrid and had him expelled. When they took Hagrid, he said to follow the spiders and they would lead us to the truth.” We explained how we talked to Aragog, Hagrid’s giant pet spider, were almost eaten by the spider’s children and only made it out of the forest because the car saved us.

I explained how Hermione figured out what the monster was just before she was petrified, and we figured out that Myrtle was the girl who was killed in the bathroom. We had overheard the teachers talking that Ginny had been taken down into the chamber and decided we needed to go after her. Lockhart was going down anyway but did not know where the entry was. “When we went to speak with him, he was packing to leave and threatened to erase our memories. We are sorry but we pulled our wands on him and took him down into the chamber by force we admit.” He explained how we went to see Myrtle and she told us how she died, we found the door to the Chamber and went in. “Once down there, Lockhart stole Ron’s wand and tried to erase our memories again. The spell backfired because of the broken wand causing part of the ceiling to fall separating Ron and Lockhart from me and Loretta. Honestly, if it hadn’t been for Loretta, no offense Ron, I do not think we would have made it out of there. Loretta pushed me aside so I did not get hit by the rocks, as Ron had run forward.”

From there Harry and I went back and forth explaining what had happened in the chamber. I had to let him tell most of it as I did not remember anything past losing my wand. I was surprised to learn that I had indeed done a lot of things while down there. “That’s it professor, after Loretta stabbed the diary and we rejoined Ron, Fawkes flew us out and we came here.”