Romance at the Burrow

Ginny’s room was on the third floor and huge. “Ginny, your room is beautiful!” It was decked out all in pink and purple. There was a purple fuzzy rug next to her bed and across the room there was a day bed with a purple fuzzy rug, a handmade pink and purple disco ball hanging from the ceiling. I loved it, everywhere I looked pink was popping out of something purple or purple sprouted out of something pink. “I love it. Are you sure you want to leave this for a room at Hogwarts?”

                She giggled, “Thank you, and yes I can’t wait until school starts. It is going to be fun. I hope you don’t mind a day bed. The cots are up in the attic and it kind of creeps me out, we have a ghoul and gets angry every time we go up there.”

                Laughing, “I would be afraid about going up there too, the day bed is fine. I am just happy enough to be here I could sleep in the attic and be fine.”

                She laughed, “Great, are you all packed? We can go out back and see what the boys are doing.” She suddenly turned really shy.

                “Hey if you want to just talk and hang out in here I am fine with that too. I am sure with all these brothers around you don’t get to have girl talks.” I said as I set my bag on my bed.

                “It’s not that, I mean it is true I don’t get out much; but I figured you would want to hang out and talk with Harry and it would give me an excuse to be around them. I am often told to leave or something because they don’t want me around.”

                Shocked, “Well now we have to go talk to them. It is ridiculous of them to treat you like that. So what do you think will be the best part about school? What are you looking forward to the most?” I asked as I dragged her out of her room.

                “I don’t know yet, I hear they are all so much fun! Transfiguration must be fun, transforming things into other things. I’m not looking forward to Defense Against the Dark Arts though, because of the new teacher.”

                “Oh who is the new teacher and how did you find out about him or her?” I asked as we walked outside to see if we could find the boys.

                “Gildroy Lockhart, he is a smarmy git. Before you showed at the bookstore, he was signing autographs of his books and caused a big seen with Harry and a journalist from the Daily Prophet. He has written almost every book on our school list and claims to be some big defender against the dark arts. I just don’t like him.”

                “That sounds about as much fun as we had last year with Quirrel. Want to see something cool and funny?” I asked trying to change the subject, though it had been a few months since the spring defeat of Lord Voldemort I was still not up for talking about it. Not that it worries me or anything, it’s just I didn’t want to seem like I was boasting.

                We had spotted the boys off in the distance playing Quidditch and before they seen us I transformed into a cat and ran up to where they were playing. I meowed at them to get their attention, and come down. I looked back at Ginny who stood their curious, but had come closer to watch. Fred was the first one to dismount much to my enjoyment. As he was coming towards me I ran to him, and I could hear Harry and Ron laughing as if they knew what I was going to do.

                I took a running leap, and Fred had put out his arms to catch me but quickly shifted back to myself just as I landed in his arms bridal carry. “Hi-ya Fred!” I smiled real big at his bewildered face, and everyone else was laughing. He stumbled over his words and turned bright red, so red it almost matched his flaming red hair.