Duets - Part One

The whole night I was doing my homework and at 12am whist I was still hard at work, I got an email from Juilliard.
From: musicadmissions@juilliard.edu
To: Natalie.Cruz97@hotmail.com
Subject: Audition Day for Music program.

Dear Ms. Cruz,
We have looked over your application and we think that you might be a good fit for our program. In order for you to be able to come in time for our 2016/17 school year, an audition is mandatory to make sure you are the right applicant for this program. On December 22 2015, you are to come the school at 12:30 sharp and preform for 10 minutes. Not a minute longer.

We look forward to seeing you and wish you all the best of luck.
Sincerely,
Lee Cioppa

My heart felt like it was beating a thousand miles per second. I quickly printed it out and ran to my grandmothers bedroom. She was asleep.
"Grandma," I whispered. That was the first word I had said to her in four days. She still hadn't woken up.
"Grandma," I whispered a little louder. Her eyes got wider and then she sat up. "What's going on." She asked as she turned on the lap.
I handed her the print off and she squinted as she read it. "Oh my word," her eyes went from left to right as she finished the wrest of it.
"Oh my word! Congratulation!" She laughed and hugged me. "Thanks." Grandma couldn't stop smiling and laughing.

Then her smile sank a little. "What?" I asked.
"Your mother would have been so proud." My lips curled in a tight but said grin. "I'm so sorry about Friday."
"It's alright, I know your friends mean a lot to you," I said. She gave me a sympathetic smile which was very tiring because I didn't want any of it.

"I'm going to bed," and with that, I left. Back to my room and laid myself on the bed. The next morning I woke up at seven.
I had some time before school and I was praying that music class would just fly by.

As I got dressed, I opened up Facebook. And the first thing I saw made my blood boil.

Killian Wolfe
4 hrs ago.
You know how you are:
Stop feeling sorry for yourself, it's kind of pissing me off.
70 likes 5 comments

Clicking the comments, it was unbelievable to me that people were trying to comfort him.
Amy Worsely: awe bb... What's wrong? Inbox me
Ky Fallon: inbox me if u wanna talk
Rhea Rodriguez: <3 whoever he/she is, he/she is an attention seeker.
Ben Leighton: I know what you mean
Henry Tikes: inbox me

Why the hell would that get seventy likes? I knew who it was about. Me. And all of the people who commented are all kiss asses.
I went straight to messenger and typed in those dreaded letters to his name.
As it searched for him on my friends list (I shouldn't even accepted his friend request.) I finished getting dressed. His name popped up and my thumbs speed texted what I was going to say.

Me: if you have a problem with me, it's between you and I. Not the Internet and five hundred of your other friends on FB

He didn't reply for a while but he sure saw it. Then a reply during breakfast.

Killian: I liked your idea of never speaking again.

My stomach felt like it had been punched again. I thought about replying but I needed to win this fight, so I clicked on it so he'd see it was read, sometimes that hurts a lot more. The silent treatment game and turn into the never hearing from each other again game which was just what we needed.

My walk to school was slow and I felt so nervous. Why was Killian so angry at me? He started it in the first place, on the first day. If he hadn't spoke out in class, I wouldn't be put through hell.
And I am not feeling sorry for myself. As my locker slammed shut I was knocked to the ground and my books scattered around me. Turning my head I saw Killian with a bunch of his buddies.