What girl from New York?

Right after I asked Killian about the girl from New York, the teachers gathered us up and talked to us about what happened before he could answer me. He seemed like he didn't even have a clue to what I was referring too, which was rather confusing to me.

The teachers gathered up everyone and sat us down in the gym. I was sat next to Ben, Killian's best friend. We still had nothing to say to each other, he had more of an accepting look towards me, probably because he saw his best friend getting along with me.
As the teachers talked, they explained that their was a criminal who was roaming around downtown Orlando and he had plans for this school I suppose. They didn't tell us anything about Graham but they said he'd be fine, Chiara was acting like nothing had happened which upset me. How could she pretend nothing was going on? Clearly, something was going on.

He risked his life and he still ended up getting hurt. I suppose maybe I'm also upset and Graham because he was the one who followed through with his actions. I was picked up from school by my grandma and brought home, she was trying to get me to talk to her but I didn't want to speak. She kept asking things like: what was it like? What happened? Who did it?

I honestly just wanted to yell at her to shut up, but that wasn't a good idea.
"Grandma I know that you care, and you want to know that happened. But I don't want to talk." I said and reclined the car set and closed my eyes.
"I understand," she claimed. She didn't, she doesn't understand what I went through today, even besides the lock down. "you can stay home tomorrow if you'd like." She offered. That was probably a good idea. I needed time to decompress, I put my hands on my head and pushed my hair back, out of my face and kept my eyes closed until we were home.

Snatched my bag from under me and went inside to lay down on the couch. I closed my eyes and just payed there until I flinched when I heard the closing of the door which made me tear up. I fell asleep until the next morning and had bad dreams about Graham dying in hospital. Many time that night I woke up in a cold sweat and each time I closed my eyes everything was fine until another nightmare started. The next morning I was still in my clothes from yesterday and woke up quite early in the morning for someone who was staying home. It was about 7 in the morning.

There was a note left on the table that said "sweetie, I'll be back at five this evening. I already called your school so you can relax, feel free to see friends." I pulled my phone off the coffee table sluggishly. My hand went to my head, itching it as I looked through my notification. I had texts from all of my old friends asking me if I was okay, I was mentioned in comments to articles about the school shooting which happened yesterday, and texts from Killian as well.

I tried resisting to look at them but my curiosity got the best of me.

Killian: hi
Killian: are you okay?
Killian: please answer me
Killian: Nat, I thought we were over not talking, what's going on? Are you okay?

My eyebrows raised, why did he all of a sudden care about me? Just because we weren't fighting, doesn't mean that we have to be all buddy buddy.

Me: calm down, I just slept when I got home.

He wrote back immediately.

Killian: ... I'm sorry, I'm just a little frazzled over yesterday. Everyone's been really worried about you since you went home.
Me: oh, well I'm fine. As fine as fine can be right now
Killian: I know you're not supposed to invite yourself over but can I come to your house?
Me: why? We have school

It took a second for him to write back, he must of had no plans for going to school, I bet no one did.
Killian: I know you have no intention of going to school today or probably the wrest of the week. I want be around you, maybe we can discuss why I act out? I owe you an explanation