#10: Fix a Heart (Camila) - PART 2

"Forget it", I shook my head as I placed a cup of coffee in front of my friend.

"At least do it for me."

"Sorry, but I'm not crashing her birthday party because of you."

"I'm invited and you're my gift, it's not crashing", she exclaimed before taking a small sip from her cup.

"Dinah."

"Y/N", she mocked, making my eyes roll for the hundredth time.

I leaned against the kitchen counter and let out a deep sigh, losing all the will to get in an argument with my friend. My fingers reached up to run through my hair in attempt to calm me down, "Look, if she wanted me there, she would have invited me."

"If you wanted her, you would've fought for her", she stated in a stern voice and shot me a look, instantly making me focus on my feet in slight embarrassment.

"Why would I fight for someone who has no feelings for me?"

"Who said she doesn't?" Dinah spoke in a voice just above a whisper.

My eyes shot up to meet hers quickly just in time when she turned her head in the opposite side, scratching the back of her head awkwardly.

"Dinah Ja-"

Dinah interuppted me with a cough before standing up and grabbing her jacket that rested on the chair, "Uhm, yeah, did I tell you Ally can't wait to see you, I mean the last time she saw you was-"

"Dinah."

"Also Lauren has something she rea-"

"I'll go with you."

All of her movements suddenly stopped as she looked at me, her eyebrows arched, "Really?"

"Under one condition... you tell me everything."

*

"Ready?"

I nodded, slight panic running through my body as Dinah pressed the doorbell, the sound of it muffled by the music and people talking indoors. A couple of seconds passed before the door opened, revealing the beautiful brunette I'm in love with. Her face dropped in shock as she locked her gaze on me and opened her mouth as if trying to say something.

"Happy birthday, Walz!" Dinah exclaimed before literally throwing herself on the older girl and crushing her in a tight hug, "I hope you like the gift."

She winked at me and Camila before pushing past her into the house, leaving the brunette and I alone. It seemed like Camila finally recovered from the shock when she reached up to wrap her arms around my neck, pulling me into her. I reciprocated almost instantly as my arms snaked around her waist, sending waves of heat in my chest.

"Happy birthday, superstar", I whispered in her hair, "I'm sorry I didn't get you anything."

"You being here is enough", her voice soothed me before she pulled away, standing back in the doorway as a gesture for me to come in.

"Actually... can we talk?" I asked softly.

"Yeah. Sure", she let out a breath and closed the door as I turned around and sat down on the stairs of her porch.

My eyes focused on the road in front of us when I felt her sitting right next to me, our thighs barely touching. I took a deep breath, Dinah's words running through my head over and over again.

"I missed you", Camila's voice broke the unusual silence between us, making me smile before turning my head to her and catching her warm brown eyes looking back at me.

"I know", I said simply, "Dinah told me."

She looked at me with confusion before her face expression transitioned into something unreadable. A lump formed in my throat as she took my hand in hers and stared at me with the most adoring look.

"Will you let me say something and promise to shut up until I finish?"

"Okay", I squeezed her hand softly, motioning for her to continue.

"Here goes nothing", she let out a nervous laugh before disconnecting our hands and wiping her palms on her pants, "A while after you left... we got back together. It only lasted for about a week though because I", she paused, "I ended things with him. And no, he didn't cheat on me again."

Camila stood up and positioned herself in front of the stairs, looking at me for a second before gazing down, "It was you", she stated while kicking her feet in a nervous manner and placing her hands in her pockets.

"That day when you kissed me, I had no idea what the hell was going on. I was like 'It's just a phase, she'll get over it eventually. She didn't know what she was saying, he loves me and we'll work it out'. Everything was going well until he visited me on tour. At first I was so happy to finally see him but... while we were together, all I could think of was how your lips felt softer against mine, how your hugs were warmer and how you smelled nicer. I spilled everything to Dinah and she told me I got back together with a wrong person. The idea of being with you drove me insane and not in a bad way, so I finally had to admit I had something for you. I broke up with him shortly after because I needed time to figure things out... but the feelings for you never went away", she said before taking a deep breath and focusing on me again.

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I was afraid. I was afraid that you moved on. That you might crossed me off for good."

I reached for her hand and tugged on it, making her lean down and kneel on the stair before me, right between my legs. My fingers disconnected from hers and pushed a brown lock behind her ear before speaking, "You're an idiot, Cabello."

Her face broke into a shy grin as she rested her hands on my thighs, looking at me expectantly.

"Not in a million years I could lose what I feel for you", I stated when she moved her hands behind my back, pulling me into her and resting her chin on my shoulder.

"So you forgive me?"

"For what?" I questioned before placing my arms around her neck loosely when she pulled away.

"For hurting you and being an idiot."

My lips curled into a wide smile as Camila flashed me a puppy face and I nodded slowly.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"Will you give me a chance to make this right?"

"No."

I laughed at the amount of shock evident on her face before she slapped my thigh playfully, eventually smiling along.

"Y/N, I promise I will never ever make you go through this again. If someone does, I'll be there to pick up your pieces, okay?"

"I don't need to give you any chances. I only need you", I whispered the last part as I pulled her into me, our lips almost touching.

"I love you", she bit her bottom lip before glancing down at mine and cupping it with her soft mouth, sucking the air out of my lungs. I kissed back instantly and closed my eyes at the feeling.

Our lips lingered on each other before we both pulled away, Camila looking at me with adoration and licking her lips.

"I love you too", I exclaimed breathlessly before she placed another soft peck on my lips.

"Officially best birthday gift ever."