#12: Proud To Call You Mine (Dinah)

A/N: Another Dinah imagine until I get some inspiration to do 'Teacher's Pet' part 2. Super short and super shitty.

"Baby", I whined as I watched my girlfriend laying on her stomach, her weight resting on her elbows as she scrolled through the phone in her hands.

There were only couple of people on the beach, including Dinah, me and Lauren, who was laying on her towel only a few inches away from me.

"I really hate you sometimes", I rolled my eyes at Dinah who kept ignoring me, earning a small giggle from Lauren.

I turned to the other side, finding Lauren smirking at me while lifting her glasses to the top of her head.

"Laur, do you love me?" I questioned dramatically.

"Of course I do, sweetie."

"Good", I said and grabbed her phone, "I'm leaving this little shit for you", I exclaimed before jumping on top of her.

"Y/N!" Lauren screamed, her laugh filling my ears.

"Let's get this ship going, no one knows about me and Dinah anyway", I said and opened her camera app.

We took dozen of selfies before she snatched the phone out of my hand and wrapped one arm around my neck, pulling me closer. Her lips pressed against my cheek almost painfully hard and I squeezed my eyes shut, opening them when I heard the sign she snapped the photo.

"THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER", Lauren exclaimed with excitement before opening her Instagram app and uploading the photo.

I rolled my eyes playfully and opened my own, noticing the photo tag from her. I was about to enter her profile when I noticed Dinah shuffling near us before standing up.

"Thanks a lot, Lauren", she said with anger evident in her voice before throwing her phone on the towel and walking to the water.

I shot her a confused look before picking up her phone and reading the caption

@laurenjauregui: stealing your girl. come at me @dinahjane97

"Oh my God Y/N. I didn't even think, I'm so sorry."

"I'll take care of it", I sighed and stood up, rushing after Dinah.

I stepped into the water and walked until it reached my knees and I was standing behind my girlfriend. My arms wrapped around her waist, her hands resting on mine shortly after. Her eyes were focused on the distance as I rested my chin on her shoulder.

"You okay?"

Dinah weakly nodded in response.

"Look, it was my fault. I wanted to take selfies in the first place."

"It's okay."

I bit my lip in frustration of her answers, "If you're scared of what will people say then I--"

"No", she suddenly said in a higher tone, squirming slightly before turning in my arms to face me.

Her hands reached to cup my face while her thumbs stroked my cheeks gently, making me melt under her touch.

"I don't care what will people say. I'm just scared... for you. You're the most amazing human being in the world, Y/N. I love you so much... And that's the problem. What if you get hate because of me? You don't deserve that, babe."

"Dinah... that's the reason people don't know about us? You're scared for me?" I stared at her in disbelief.

She nodded slowly before I continued, "There's no person in this world who can separate the two of us."

Dinah flashed me one of those smiles that always made me fall for her even harder, "I love you", she slowly connected our lips.

"I love you too", I reciprocated when air filled my lungs again, since her kisses always left me breathless.

Dinah's arms wrapped around my neck, pulling our bodies insanely close. I smiled and inhaled her scent, suddenly realising how lucky a person can be.

Later that day, my Twitter mentions were exploding. At first I thought it was Lauren's fault, but then I entered Dinah's profile. At the top, there was an old photo of two of us kissing with a caption 'I'm proud to call you mine'.