#16: Crawling Back To You (Lauren)

A rush of cold air hit my naked, half-asleep body, my hands immediately searching for some source of warmth. After failing to do that, I glanced at the clock on my nightstand before a few soft sounds reached my ears. I slowly sat up and felt my heart sinking at the sight.

2:47 AM. And she's doing it again.

The woman in front of me was sneakily pulling her clothes back on, obviously trying to make as less noise as possible. Her barely covered back was turned to me, her dark locks falling down the smooth skin, illuminated by the moonlight coming through the window on the side.

"Would it kill you if you said goodbye for once?" I whispered into the half-dark.

Her body jerked at the sudden noise and she turned around, her eyes meeting mine. I could see a hint of defeat in them before she cleared her throat and broke our eye contact.

"I didn't want to wake you up", her voice seemed to lack any emotion.

"You never do, do you?" I retorted softly.

Lauren let out a small breath, "Y/N."

"It's fine, take your things and leave. As always."

I pulled the sheets from my lower body and wrapped them around my upper half, suddenly feeling exposed. The exact same scene replayed almost every night; she would come to my hotel room right after the show, we would spend hours pushing each other over the edge underneath the sheets over and over again until we're sore, then we would fall asleep together and I would wake up alone.

"If I stay, then all of this will mean something", she stated simply while pulling her black and white striped shirt over her head, "No strings attached, right?"

"Right", I whispered, afraid to let out a stronger vocal that could reveal my emotions.

Lauren sat down on the bed to put her shoes on and I felt tears burning my eyes. I blinked a few times, causing them to roll down my face. I quickly wiped them off with the back of my hand, not wanting Lauren to see them. She turned around just a few moments later and kneeled on the bed, leaning into me. I sucked in a deep breath as her left hand held my jaw softly, her lips ghosting over mine. She tilted her head slowly, about to connect our mouths for a goodbye kiss when I pulled back with pain in my chest.

"I...", I stared at my lap, avoiding the eyes I was in love with.

Please, a voice inside of me begged, stay.

"You should go."

-

"Okay, seriously. What's up with you and Lauren?"

I sighed at my friend's question over the phone, a rush of pain shooting through my stomach. Normani was the only person who knew about my feelings for Lauren, but not about the nights we had spent together. I balanced the phone between my shoulder and ear while pulling my tight black dress on.

"Nothing. Why are you even asking me that?"

"Well she stormed out of our room a few minutes ago when I mentioned your date tonight."

"Normani!"

"What? Do you really expect me not to brag about my friend meeting up with a hot stud?"

"It's just a random guy I met at a bar, I don't want the entire tour crew to know about it!" I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom before putting my friend on speaker.

"Whatever", she continued talking about random stuff as I started to apply make up.

Her talk went on and on for about 10 minutes, accompanied by my yeahs and mhms here and there. I couldn't register a word she said, because the only person who was on my mind was, of course, Lauren. She stormed out of their room because of my date?

Not like she actually cares.

After I'd hung up on Normani, I checked my reflection in the mirror. Eyeliner on fleek, reasonable amount of mascara and dark red lipstick. Lauren's favourite. I shook my head, trying to kick her out my mind as I went back to the bedroom. I pulled out my black pumps with straps from underneath the bed and started to pull them on. I pressed a button on my phone to check if I was late, but a text from Lauren caught my attention.

Lauren (7:48 PM) Funny, I thought I heard Normani saying something about you going on a date tonight.

I raised an eyebrow and finished putting on the heels before answering, Why are you worrying about me and not your boyfriend?

Lauren (7:50 PM) So you are going?

Lauren (7:55 PM) Y/N?

I picked up my purse from the nightstand and typed out a message before throwing my phone inside of it.

No strings attached, right?

I checked my appearance one more time, picked up the keys and went for the door. I opened it and almost got a heart attack when I saw Lauren's figure in front of me.

"You can't go", she breathed out.

"Excuse me?"

"You're not going."

I felt anger taking over me as I pushed her shoulder lightly. I rushed past her and started making my way down to the elevator, but only managed to take a few steps when she grabbed my wrist.

"This is none of your damn business, Lauren. Worry about your boyfriend, not me", I said as calmly as I could and got out of her grip before keeping on walking.

I let out an ironic laugh as I heard her calling my name, but I ignored her and pushed the elevator button.

"I'm in love with you", her voice cracked in a middle of the statement.

I stood there for a few moments, completely frozen. When I finally managed to turn around, I found Lauren sitting on the floor with her back against the wall, head in her hands. Still in utter shock, I made my way towards her and kneeled in front of her small form.

"Look at me", my voice was as weak as me, "Please."

She slowly lifted her head up and I was met with tear-stained cheeks and bloodshot emerald eyes.

"You should stop lying both to yourself and--"

"No", Lauren interuppted, shaking her head at me, "No, this is not a lie. I didn't want to develop feelings for you because of... well... him. But the more nights we've spent together, the more I've fallen for you. And I tried to hide it by being an asshole, which just resulted in hurting you. I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry, Y/N", more tears escaped down her cheeks and I brought my hand up to wipe them.

"I left him", she said, "I just want you."

"Lauren", I brought our foreheads together and smiled at her through tears, "You had me since day one."

A/N: this is trash.