Chapter 14- Remebering

Sonali's P.O.V.
As soon as the ceremony was over, I went to my room. "Oh ho, main toh bhool gaya (Oh ho, I forgot)." Before I make it out the door someone grabs my arm, being that the henna was fresh,"Dadi ma, aap?" She or shall I say he lifts the vail,"Ajay you know I'm very angry at you and," I look him up and down,"You're not supposed be here." He pulls me into an embrace,"That's why I'm here. I know I'm supposed to apologize to Kavya for being rude that day but.... I'll apologize to you. I'm sorry," he says bringing my closer, our lips centimeters apart. God this can't be happening. Please let this be a dream. There's a knock at the door,"Didi, are you done? Everyone is waiting." I don't answer. Artie barges in the room,"Ooo. Wait till I tell mom about this." I pull away from Ajay and walk out the room with Artie,"You had better keep quiet or you won't ever get to see those 'ten to twenty or maybe even a hundred nieces or nephews' of yours," I exaggerate.

*Flashback*
"Sohan what have you done?" I reach for the lifeless body but was pushed back Sohan,"Dekho, I didn't mean to. He was just-" "Just what?" I snap back,"Just trying to help and out of a fit of rage you killed him." I start pushing him,"Go and tell the police what happened and get yourself a lawyer." He lifts me up bridal style,"What are you doing? It's not the time to be romantic. You've committed a crime." He smirks. The kind of smirk you would expect to get during flirting. "Sohan, please let me go. Please," I whisper. Tears stream down my cheeks. We're in an exquisite hotel room- a honeymoon one. "No Sona bebe," he says as he caresses my cheeks. The look in his eyes were like,'I'm sorry I have to do this but it for your own good," kind of look.
*End of Flashback*

I abruptly jump up from sleep and start uncontrollably crying. I frantically feel the bed thinking Ajay would be there making my tears flow more. Hearing the commotion my parents rush in the room,"What happened, beta? Bol na." I shake my head not wanting to tell them. I need you, Ajay.

I woke up hugging my pillow. Was it that bad of a dream or was it part of my missing Sunday? I really need to find out who this Sohan guy is. How is it that I remember what he did but not who he is? Ajay isn't supposed to see me after the mehndi ceremony but I have to tell him. I walked into the office with a serious but worried face. Kavya sees me,"What are you doing here?" "I... Uhh... have an important file here that needs to be done," and speed up to Ajay's office to see he's getting ready for a meeting. I cover my face with my shawl,"I need to talk to you. Urgently." "It can't wait?" He says, trying not to look at me. "Not even a second."

Talking to each other was like a child's first day of school. It's like we didn't even know each other. Ajay got angry because I couldn't even say a what I needed clearly. Truth was, if his reaction angrily it would ruin both of our days. "Um.... Well... I... I could just tell you another time. Ok bye." He grabs my hand and turns me around to face him,"You follow the even the simplest ritual in religion and if it's something the would break your heart you still would make this ritual rule you over," he pulls the shawl off of my face,"If you were dying right now, I would be by your side every second of your breath even if it mean breaking this stupid ritual," he pulls me closer,"if the littlest thing is bothering you, tell me, because as a to-be-husband, I'm ready protect you, care for you, die for you," closer, that we're almost touching foreheads. I look straight into his eyes and he does the same. He slowly inches closer,"Ajay, I-", and presses his lips on mine. I begin to give in and our lips move in sync. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist. A few passionate kisses later and he finally pulls away,"Can you tell me what happened now?" "Sunday. I remember what happened. It was Sohan and he-" "He what? Bol na." I shake my head and bite my lip. Why is it so hard to tell him? Once again, he crashed his lips on mine and I close my eyes.

Yup, this is what you've all been waiting for. For them to get all kissy wissy and touchy feely. So you're very welcome. Please vote and comment and hope you like this chapter.