Chapter 15- If You Hold My Hand

Ajay's P.O.V.
Once again, I crash my lips on hers and she closes her eyes. Our lips continue to move in sync until... "*Ehem*, Sona, I thought you were here to get 'an important file'," we quickly pull away and stare down at the floor. Kavya points to me,"Aur tu, I expected better from you," she smirks and pulls Sona away. Sona looks back at me and smiles. I never got to find out what Sohan did but I really did enjoy the kiss.

*Day of the Wedding*
Stress, sweat, not sure that everything will go planned. Uugghh!!!! I kissed her. We both liked it. She clearly likes me. And why am I stressing? "Baba, main kyun pareshaan hai?" I ask as he fixes my kurta. He chuckles,"I was just like that when I got married to your mother. Twenty-five years and still happy." I roll my eyes. That's what he always says. I put on the wedding turban and head out, mumbling,"And what about my twenty-five years?" This is it! The big commitment.

Sona walks down the steps wearing the gharar I picked for her. I can't even take my eyes off of her. It's like a mesmerizing dream. She sits on the left and me, on the right,"Perfection at its best," I whisper. She nudges me,"Chup." Once done with the rituals it was time for the vows around the sacred fire (Saptapadi). The groom leads then the bride. God this can't be happening. We hated each other, didn't want to get married, we fought, we hugged, we kissed and now we're here. Saying our vows. Once the last vow was completed and everything concerning the rituals were done I could hear cheers and claps and some crying here and there followed by screams. Not cheering ones. Ones that you would hear when something goes wrong. A fainted Sona is in my arms with tears in her eyes. "Ajay, take her to the hospital right now. We'll handle things here," my father says,"Don't worry about the Bride's welcome ceremony. We'll do that when she's better."
I lifted her bridal style and ran to the car.

I sit in the waiting chair, alone, afraid, thinking,'It my fault'. The nurse comes out of the room, looking me up and down,"The doctor would like to see you." I walk in the room to see Sona awake and well and hug her. The doctor interrupts us,"I would like to speak with you Mr. Khurrana." I step out of the room, taking a last look at Sona. The doctor looks down at her files and has very little eye contact. Something's wrong for sure. "From the last time she was admitted in her from today she's um... She's not doing well." I raise an eyebrow and look strait at her,"Matlab (Meaning)?" "She's remembering her Sunday. There's been a crime committed. She refuses to say anything unless she's telling you." So that's what she's when wanting to tell me after the henna ceremony. My eyes widen. For all I know, there's only one person who I suspect- Sohan Kapoor. I slowly walk back in the room, processing everything,"Tell me what happened specifically." I hold her hand, tracing the patterns of the henna. "It was a dream. I didn't even realize I was remembering my Sunday until I saw Sohan. He killed someone. I was just trying to help out the poor kid and Sohan takes it the wrong way. When I told him he needed a lawyer and I wasn't going to help him he," tears formed in her eyes and she looks away from me," he took me to an exquisite hotel and... And-" "Don't stress yourself. You're fine. I'm here for you. Forever." She faces me, smiling,"If you hold my hand..." And I return,"Badal jayegi meri duniya."

And then they sing the rest of the song and live happily ever after. Just kidding. I would never leave you guys like that. I didn't die. I was just in hell- I mean school for a bit. I promise that I won't leave my fanfics alone to rot and lose votes and reads. Keep voting and commenting and reading but that's what I won't be doing because of my honors and high school credit classes. I have to work extra hard so that means less updating and I'll only update when I have time. Sooooooo with that being said my fair and lovelies, thanks for your understanding. Ttyl!!!!!!!!!