Chapter Six

After that scene I sat in my room and slept. I woke up suddenly and noticed it was dark out. I looked down and saw my pillow was wet. I must be sweating. Right then the heat hit me. I groaned and walked to my clothes. I threw on a large shirt that went below my butt.

I thought that was good enough and I opened my curtains. I opened my window to get a bit of a breeze in and walked back to my bed. I looked at my phone and saw it was twelve in the morning. Ugh.

"Yo, Skater Girl? You up?" I heard whispering. I groaned. I got out of bed and walked to the window.

"First of all, you know my name is Alice. Ryder told me. Second of all, no, I am not awake." I told him sarcastically.

"Skater Girl is more fun." He smirked. I just noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt. He had on pajama pants that hung low on his hips and his hair was messy. Is that boy on the football team or something because he had the whole eight pack thing going on.

"Can you put on a shirt while you're talking to me?" I asked. If he wants to sleep like that he can, but he's talking to me now.

"Why? Am I distracting you?" He smirked. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.

"Don't flatter yourself. What did you want to talk about?" I growled. Growled? Am I an animal? Got that right bitch!

"I wanted to talk about what happened today, you left afterwards. Why?" He questioned me with pure curiosity. That's weird, I expected a snide comment.

"I was annoyed." I replied right away.

"Okay I get it, will you be in school tomorrow?" He questioned me. Weird questions...

"Um, yeah. Why do you care all of a sudden?" I could tell that after he answered he was going to bed because he was getting ready to shut his window.

"So I know if I'm going to school tomorrow." He winked and shut the window. Okay so he doesn't hate me? Is this boy bipolar?

I sighed in confusion and got into bed. I laid down on my soft sheets and let the darkness take over.

~*~

Falling lights amass one hundred sleepless nights
And I might be holding on too tight
But there is a beast in my heart and he won't let you leave alive

Those lyrics woke me up from a deep slumber. I groaned internally knowing I have to go to school today. I found the will to get out of bed and I walked to my wardrobe.

I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue sweatshirt. I brushed my hair and threw it up in its normal bun. I put on my running shoes. I threw the hood of my sweatshirt on and walked downstairs.

"Breakfast?" My mother asked me.

"No, I have to get walking." I stated and walked out of the front door. I grabbed my phone and turned on Spotify. My earbuds were in my pocket which I grabbed too. I listened to music and started to run. I might just take the long route so I can keep running.

~*~

Eventually I made it to school and all eyes were on me in the hallways, as usual. It will be a long day.

"I heard she skipped school yesterday." I heard a girl whisper.

"She looks like a boy." Another girl stated.

"I heard she took Alec Darcy's seat and refused to move." A guy commented to his friends.

"She's obviously in love with The Three Musketeers. Poor girl, doesn't know that no one likes her." I tried to brush off the last comment even though it stung.

I walked into my first period which I had with Alec. I just sat in the other seat instead of sitting in his and causing more problems. The students piled in, some glared my way and others ignored me. Both seats next to me were empty, not that I care but what did I do?

Alec walked in. He was wearing a gray hoodie and grey jeans. He brushed his blond hair from his eyes. Suddenly the girl I met yesterday walked in. What was her name? Leo? Cleo? That's it!

"Sorry I'm late!" She cried and rushed to find a seat. Our eyes locked and she smiled. She ran to me and sat next to me. Not Alec's seat but on the other side. Alec sat silently beside me.

"Okay for today we will be doing group projects. After last week's incident, we need to work on something other than Algebra, your relationships with the students in this class. I'll pair up the groups of three and then give you instructions." The teacher sighed and started reading off names.

"What happened last week?" I asked Cleo. She turned to me and started explaining.

"Last week two people got into a huge fight in the middle of class. They threw desks and chairs at each other. The whole class got involved and everyone was cursing at each other. It was scary to be honest. The two that started it got expelled because this wasn't the first time they've acted out. Others got three day suspensions and stuff." She explained. I'm surprised Alec didn't start it.

"Dannielle, Eric, and Gonzalo." The teacher called out. "And lastly, Alice, Cleo, and Alec." He announced. My heart sunk. Why him? Why did everything I do involve one of the Three Musketeers?

"Hey partners!" Alec smirked at my disappointment. Cleo's eyes widened in fear.

"Chill Cleo, he's as harmless as a baby duck." I tried to calm her down.

"What scary mother fucking duck are you talking about!?" She yelled. I almost bursted out laughing because she screamed that to the whole class. She didn't realize how loud her voice was until she spoke. She blushed like a cherry.

"Language!" The teacher yelled. "Now, for this project you will be interviewing each other. You will find out new things about one another. Eventually you will write an essay about how you are all similar. You must at least have three ways that you are similar. Be done in two days. If you don't complete it, you fail. You'll present the three ways that you are similar in front of the class. You will be graded. I don't care if this is algebra so I do not want complaints. This is what happens when you all act like animals. Start working." The teacher finished his speech. Some girl raised her hand.

"We won't have enough time to finish this in class. What do we do?" She asked.

"Find a way. You could meet up somewhere after school." That is where my heart truly sunk.

A/N: I planned on updating this on Saturday so I updated three days early. I am going to update another chapter on Saturday so just think of this as a bonus. What made me change my mind you ask? Someone commented to update and another person messaged me privately. It showed me that other people cared about my writing.

So thank you to anyone who votes and comments. I do read them. Thanks!

Comment and Vote if you liked this chapter! ~Katyrules