Chapter Twenty Two

Alice's POV:

After being in a car for two hours, I was happy when Ryder parked in a driveway. I looked out of the window and saw a small house that looked like it would belong to an old widow. It was small, white, and very average. I got out of the car and the boys followed.

"You all know this guy right? I'm not walking in there to my doom am I?" I questioned them.

"Yeah we know him. He hasn't been the same since Frank killed his family. Something was going on and now we know what." Jace commented. I'm surprised Jace is even walking because he took a lot of Advil in the car for his hangover. Ryder knocked on the door and A boy around twenty five opened the door. He was definitely interesting.

The guy had really light pastel pink hair which looked good on him to say the least. He had brown eyes and gauges in his ears. I could see his muscles bulging from his long sleeved shirt.

"Hey Percy, it's been too long." Ryder laughed and did some weird guy hug.

"Agreed. Who is she?" He asked with a cold tone. He sounded emotionless.

"This is Alice." Jace introduced me.

"Why is she here?" He questioned me and my eyes widened.

"Dumbass, you didn't tell him I was coming?" I looked at Alec.

"Sorry." He rubbed the back of his neck and for the first time I saw emotion in Percy's face. His eyes widened in shock.

"Are you really apologizing? The Alec Darcy is saying sorry?" Percy chuckled.

"Shut up." Alec growled at him. "You mind if I grab a smoke? This control freak wouldn't let me have one in the car." Alec pointed to me.

"I'm sorry if I don't want lung cancer! I am not going to be a victim to second hand smoke." I huffed. Jace kept complaining when anyone would open a window because it was "too loud" and I wasn't going to be in a car filled with smoke.

"Yeah, go ahead. You need a light?" Percy grabbed a lighter out of his pocket with a bunch of skulls on it.

"Sure," Percy lit Alec's cigarette. Not another smoker! What has this world come to?

"Let's get inside. It's not safe to just be standing out here while Frank is looking for us." Jace suggested and everyone moved inside. Percy guided us to his dining room and we all sat down.

"Maybe we should get to business." Ryder commented. Alec blew out smoke by my face and I wanted to kill him. He wants me to die. He wants me to get cancer and die. I see how it is, Alec.

"Agreed. Do you wish to know the plan?" The emotionless Percy is back.

"Yes. How are we needed? What would you have us do?" Ryder spoke formally to Percy which confuses me. How can they go from talking to him like a friend, to talking to him like he's a business partner?

"Well, the plan is simple. I have some friends who have bad blood with Frank. We've been planning a revolt for a long time. We just need two or three more people. I've calculated our group numbers against Frank's and we don't stand a chance currently. I don't need many more people. I know you guys can shoot a gun and defiantly can win in a knife fight." Percy explained. It felt like I was invisible.

"Hey, what am I going to do if they're out there helping? Frank wants me, I want to fight for myself and my family." I crossed my arms stubbornly.

"Well I have an extra gun-" Jace cut him off.

"Shut up Percy. She isn't fighting with us. It's too dangerous. We aren't risking her life." Jace's eyes turned into slits as he glared at the thought of me fighting. Who does he think he is? He can't make my choices for me!

"My life isn't yours to risk. I can fight if I want to. You aren't my bodyguard, you know." I growled at Jace. Ryder started to speak, against me of course.

"I agree with Jace. I wouldn't be able to focus on kicking ass if I have to worry about you getting hurt the whole time." Ryder commented

"What? Worry about me?" I asked confused.

"I meant, you're our responsibility for now. If you get hurt it'll be on my conscious." Ryder explained. Responsibility? I'm not a child.

"Oh, I get it." I gave him a sickening smile. He won't have to deal with me for much longer.

"Anyway," Percy continued awkwardly. "The other guys will be here tomorrow morning. We are planning the war for the day after that." Percy stated as Alec blew more smoke into my face. I lost it. I quickly stood up, grabbed Alec's arm with the cigarette in his hand, and twisted it behind his back. He hissed in pain and I grabbed the cigarette from his fingers.

"Wanna blow smoke in my face one more time?" I asked as I lowered my head closer to his ear.

"Really Alice? Violence solves nothing." He pouted and I twisted his arm further.

"Well, you either agree to not smoke right now, or I break your arm. Either way, you won't be smoking." I shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. I pulled his arm back further.

"Ow! Okay! Whatever, I won't smoke now." He huffed and I let go of his arm.

"I'm tired. Where am I sleeping?" I asked Percy. I can finally get away from these psychos. I want to fight for myself. I don't need help because I'm not weak like they think I am.

"I got two rooms ready. You can have your own and the boys can sleep in the other of you want." Percy stated while brushing his fingers through his hair.

"Perfect. Where is it?" I gave him a smile.

"First door to your left." He squinted his eyes as he tried to figure out what I was up to. I smiled innocently and walked away.

"She's acting weird right?" I heard Jace's voice.

"No kidding. She almost broke my fucking arm!" Alec growled out. I chuckled and walked into the room that Percy told me about. I looked around and there was a window by the bed. How is this going to work? Wait, I don't think the boys locked the van and everything was still in it. I can't hotwire it but I can grab a bag and some money.

I climbed out if the window and into the cold air. It was almost dark out but I found a way to navigate around. I got to the van and quietly opened the door. I grabbed a bag and put a blanket in it along with some food, two bottles of water, and money that I found in the glove compartment which was surprisingly a lot.

After that, I ran into the night. I had to find a way home. They may not be there but I would have somewhere to stay.

Once I got to the highway, I put my hand out and waited for a car to stop so I could get in. I knew it was dangerous to hitchhike but I didn't have a whole lot of choices.

~*~

I had gotten into two different cars which have both gotten me closer to my destination. I was an hour away from my home so I stuck my hand out one last time. A black car stopped and I opened to door. There was a man in the driver's seat. He was an older guy in a suit. I sat in the seat and closed the door.

"Riverway Drive please." I smiled at him and I heard the door next to me lock. My eyes widened as I looked at the driver. An arm wrapped around my throat and put me into a choke hold. There were two men in the backseat.

"Hello Love, I'm Frank."

Well, shit.

A/N: HELLO LOVES! I almost finished the book. I think it's going to be around thirty one chapters. What do you think? How will the boys react when they find Alice missing?

What will Frank do to Alice?

Will Alice get out alive?

What about the war with Frank? Will the boys go crazy?

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter! Katyrules <3