Chapter Eight

"Leave me alone Ryder, stalking is a new low for you." I stated with my eyes not leaving my book.

"We always sit outside. You're the one taking our table." Jace replied with a smirk. I don't have time to waste on talking to idiots.

"I don't see your name engraved into the table. So unless you want to further waste my time, leave." I commented with my eyes finally leaving me book. All of the boys were there. Three against one. Bring it.

"I think we'll stay. You are welcome to leave though." Alec grabbed his phone and started to text. Who are these boys texting? The only person that would text them are each other. Everyone else is afraid.

"I'm not leaving, I was here first." I fought back. Why is Alec such a prick?

"Then it's settled. You stay and we'll stay." He replied with an accomplished smirk. Wait, did I miss something?

"Fine." I replied and stood up. I looked around for another table outside and they were all full. It was practically empty before the boys came out. I sighed and sat back down.

"Back so soon?" Jace asked. I rolled my eyes.

"There are no other seats." I mumbled.

"Well I am honored." Ryder smirked sarcastically. "What's your next class?" He asked me. Why does he care?

"Why do you want to know?" I questioned him. He shrugged as if he was just bored and wanted to start conversation.

"Gym." I smiled as I read my schedule. A chance to beat some kids from this school.

"I have gym too." Alec stated as he checked his schedule.

"Me too." Jace replied without even checking his schedule. He must have it memorized.

"I do too. Awe! We're going to be gym buddies!" Ryder cheered like a girl. I rolled my eyes but smiled. I'll show these guys what I'm made of.

"Well-" I was about to reply but a speaker went off.

"Attention all students, your lunch period is over. Make your way inside and to your next class. Thank you." It announced. Grabbed my book and my bag and walked inside. I got to my locker and grabbed my gym bag. Now it's time to find the gym.

I walked around the school and finally found the gym. When I got inside everyone was already there. The gym teacher was a guy most likely in his mid twenties.

"Now that everyone is here, everyone go change." He ordered. Everyone ran to the changing rooms. When I got there I grabbed my outfit. It was a pair of black shorts that went mid-thigh and a blue sports shirt. It was new so I hadn't tried it on before. I waited for a stall to open. No way that I am changing in front of people. A stall opened and I got dressed. The problem was that my top was really tight. It showed every curve in my upper body. I mentally groaned.

After contemplating I sighed in defeat and walked out of the stall. I saw a girl in short shorts and a pink tank top. Her long blond hair and painted on face made me cringe.

"What are you looking at?" She snapped at me. Bitch much?

"Just a pathetic Barbie wannabe." I replied smoothly.

"You little bitch. At least I know how to dress like a girl." She flipped her fake blond hair at me.

"You mean a slut?" I asked and walked out of the room.

Everyone walked out of the dressing rooms and all piled into the gym. Alec was wearing black and grey basketball shorts and a white t-shirt. Jace was wearing red basketball shorts and a black t-shirt. Ryder was wearing blue basketball shorts and a white muscle shirt. Do they coordinate their outfits? The boys looked at me and all of their eyes widened. What? Oh.... The tight shirt. I rolled my eyes. I know I do that a lot but they deserve it.

"Okay today we will be doing football. Everyone know how to play? No tackling because you parents would complain so you steal a players flags. You will have a belt with three pieces of papers on it. If one is ripped off it counts as a tackle. If all three flags are ripped off you are out." He explained. We all knew how to play football so that part was easy.

"Jace and Whitney are the captains. Jace chooses first." The coach stated. The two captains stood up front. That blond Barbie was Whitney.

"Alec." Jace stated.

"Ryd-" Whitney stopped when she noticed the glare from all three boys. "Austin." She shakily stated.

"Ryder." Jace said.

"Lisa." Whitney called out.

"Skater Girl." Jace commented. All of the girls looked around confused and I slouched my shoulders. I walked over and all of the girls glared at me. What?

"Dan." Whitney said. After a few more names were called, everyone had a team. Everyone in Jace's team were boys except me. Not surprised.

"Okay what's the game plan?" A guy asked Jace.

"Alec is obviously the quarterback. Ryder has a great arm so when you can, throw it to him. Alice, you can just stand in the back okay?" He asked and looked around. Everyone except me nodded in agreement.

"No way, I want to play. If you want to win, you need me." I crossed my arms.

"No way am I letting a girl hold the fate of my team." Jace grumbled. I glared at him. How sexist can he be?

"What? You scared that I'm actually going to be better than all of you?" I smirked. I got this.

"I don't get scared." He replied with no emotion. His face was hard.

"Then give me one chance, if I suck after the first ten minutes you can all take a vote to see if I continue." I offered.

"N-" Ryder started but Alec cut him off.

"I want to see what she's got." Alec interrupted him. I smiled inwardly. Easier than I thought.

"Fine Alice. One chance." Jace stated. "But if you suck at it. You're out." He added. This just gave me more fire to beat this wicked Whitney of the west.

A/N: okay! Hope you love this chapter! 770 reads! I'm going to cry! So exciting. I hope I didn't disappoint.

Vote and Comment if you liked this chapter! ~Katyrules