Chapter Twenty Three

Jace's POV:

"We have a long day tomorrow. We should get some sleep." Ryder suggested. We all agreed and Percy led us to our room.

"Wait, maybe we should check on Alice. She was acting strange earlier and she's been in her room for three hours without a peep." Alec stated but I was unsure. It might be a bit creepy for us to check up on her when she's sleeping.

"I think you guys should. I don't know her but if you think something is up, I wouldn't just let it go." Percy led us all to Alice's room. Ryder slowly creeped open the door and sighed with frustration.

"She's gone!" He yelled and we all barged in to see it for ourselves. Oh crap. What do we do? Shit. Shit. Shit!

"We have to find her! What if Frank grabbed her from here?" I started pacing around the room.

"Oh my god! We have to find him now. Screw the plan!" Ryder bit his lip and punched the wall with frustration. There was a huge hole in the wall and Percy sighed as he sat on the bed.

"You all don't understand what happened here do you?" Percy laid down flat on the bed as he relaxed. What the fuck is wrong with this guy?!

"What are you talking about? are you insane?" Alec glared at Percy for being so calm about the situation while we all were having panic attacks.

"She wasn't kidnapped from here. Do you see any sign of struggle? If Frank got her, we both know that Alice would fight her ass off. He wouldn't clean up the room because he wouldn't care if we knew. If he knew where we were, why didn't he kill us all while he had the chance? Alice left by choice." Percy explained. He seemed to be the only one thinking rationally.

"Why would she leave us like that? Does she have a death wish?" Ryder asked annoyed.

"You were all being a bit rough on the poor girl while we talked about the plan." Percy stated as he looked at the ceiling mindlessly.

"How?" I asked. We were just trying to protect her. Why is that so wrong? I can't worry about her while I am trying to fight. I know she can handle herself but it won't stop me from wanting to stab anyone who touches her.

"She's a tough girl, obviously she can fight for herself. You all made her sound helpless and useless in the fight. Like she wasn't needed. Maybe she thinks that she would just get in the way." Percy sat up and looked at us all. "I don't think she realized how powerful Frank is. If she left this house, she's in danger and there's nothing that any of us can do about it. It's up to her."

"What? We don't think she's weak. We have to find her." Ryder huffed with anger and confusion.

"Maybe she hasn't been gone long. We should all go out and look for her." Alec commented and looked at his phone to see the time.

"Hold on guys. You need to chill out. She's probably been gone for hours. Alice is long gone. The only way to ensure her safety is to take down Frank. Maybe he doesn't know she's away from us. Just sleep on it." Percy calmed us all down.

"He's right, we all need sleep. It's been a long day. We can figure it all out in the morning. We need our strength if we plan on taking down Frank." Alec rubbed his eyes with exhaustion.

"Okay," I replied and we all walked out of her room. We went to our room and there was one bed and two blankets and pillows on the floor.

"Who is taking the bed?" Ryder asked us.

"I'll sleep on the floor. I don't even care anymore." I rubbed my neck and Alec shook his head.

"No, you're still injured. Sleeping on the floor will hurt your back on top of it all. Ryder and I can take the floor." Alec stated.