Chapter Twenty Five

Alec's POV:

The sun rose and at least one of us got some sleep. Jace finally fell asleep after a bit. Percy walked into the room and closed the door behind him. With that quiet sound, Jace woke up.

"Sorry to wake you Jace. I have important news." Percy stated and took a paper out of his pocket. "I found this on the kitchen counter. I think you should read it. Jace grabbed the letter and we all read it silently.

Dear Boys,
It pains me to see how you've chosen your side. You seem to forget that I have eyes everywhere. You cannot run from me any longer.
Jace is alive and sadly, my man is still dead. You may have saved Jace but at what price? Just to give him hope and let him down once more. When I kill him, he will stay dead.
Now that you've gone against me, you cannot come running back to me. It's sad that Alice will have to pay for the choice you made. I'll make sure she goes painfully. Alive will know how you were once a part of this. She will be dead by the time you arrive.
Goodbye Boys.

We finished reading and I was angry to say the least. Ryder grabbed the note and reread it a few times in disbelief. His jaw was clenched and hit knuckles were white.

"So now we need a new plan of attack. He got into this house so easily and it's obvious he could've killed us since our guard was down. He must be waiting for the real fight." Percy stated to break the silence. "He knows all of our moves. We have to single out everyone on our side and see who's the snitch." He finished.

"What if he or she isn't on our side? What if they're just spying?" I thought out loud.

"That's possible but who would do that? How would they know that you guys correspond with Alice?" Percy questioned us.

"Wait, we talked to her a lot at school. The snitch has to be in our school. Maybe a teacher or a student." Ryder commented and that's when it hit me. Who is the one person who hated Alice in school?

"Whitney." I said as my face turned red with anger.

"She isn't involved on our side though." Percy reminded me.

"Maybe it's not one person. Maybe it's a few for different places. I wouldn't put it above Whitney to do something like this." Jace replied and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Percy asked Jace.

"I'm going to Whitney's house." Jace replied. Is he insane?

"You can't, the other people will be here soon. We have a fight to win." I commented and stood up.

"Actually, they won't be. I've rearranged things. We've pushed things back a day." Percy stated and sat down on the bed.

"Wait, Frank said that she would be dead by the time we got there so you want to go even later? This doesn't make sense." Jace glared at Percy.

"I guess I eventually had to tell you guys..." Percy talked to himself. "This isn't about Alice. Frank has done so much damage to so many people. We can't hurry up the whole plan for one girl. They know we are coming keep, if we go a day later, all of his guards will be exhausted from being up all day long." Percy explained calmly.

"Go fuck yourself." Jace spat.

"What?" Percy asked. How could he be surprised. He played us.

"Go. Fuck. Yourself." Jace repeated himself but slower this time. We all glared at Percy.

"You can't expect us to be okay with this. You have just made a very pissed off enemy." Ryder stood up and put his hand in his pocket.

"Ryder, don't." I told him. He was grabbing his pocket knife and we all knew it. "Percy may be a lying scum bag but he is the only person who can help us."